Monday, April 20, 2009

Oh my

I hate driving. Wait, I like driving. It's TRAFFIC that I hate. On Saturday Emma and I drove to Shippensburg to hang out with Mike at his track meet. So, we're on 81 S and I am in the left lane trying to pass a slow moving tractor trailer. The car in front of me starts swerving. What the heck is going on?? Her head keeps bobbing up and down. Up and down. Up and down. I'm thinking... is she having a stroke or a heart attack? As she approaches the rear end of the tractor trailer in the right lane, she starts to veer into the right lane, and is maybe a foot or two from running right into it while her head is down, so I lay on the horn. She looks up, quickly jerks to the left and avoids the tractor trailer. That's when I see her pop open her cell phone. And then she takes her other hand off the wheel, and GIVES ME THE FINGER.

Are you serious?

Later on this same trip, I approached a HUGE back up of traffic, and was pretty sure an accident had occurred up ahead. After sitting in standstill traffic for 15 minutes, things started moving again. Then I saw it. Up on the right, two police cruisers had pulled over a car, and were searching it. THAT'S IT. And about four cars in front of me there was OPEN SPACE. The lead car was almost at a dead stop, just rubbernecking to get a good look at the car, and the guy on the hood of the police cruiser. Seriously people. Rubbernecking pisses me off like nothing else. There was absolutely NO REASON for the stand still traffic, other than people just being stupid.

Also what makes me angry: People saying that Emma looks like a boy. I really just don't see any boy-ish qualities in her. Maybe I am biased, but she is just too pretty to be a boy. And also, I get really irritated when people comment that it's because SHE DOESN'T HAVE HAIR. Is she the first five month old to not have hair?? Really?? Also. She wears pink a lot. I find that it's especially insulting when people say "Oh, what's his name??" when she's WEARING PINK. I know this is an age of metrosexuality, and that "tough guys wear pink"...but seriously pink pants and a ruffley pink shirt and a bow? And you still think it's a boy? You're stupid.

Also, too. A casual acquaintance found my blog somehow and decided to tell me that she couldn't read it anymore because I used the English language so poorly. She was just appalled. I'm thinking that perhaps she caught my last pseudo-sleeping post. I will admit, I really like to make up words. But I do it on purpose. I'm not just stupid. And if you can't figure that out, you don't know me well enough. I like to consider myself "vocabularically creative".

Also. A friend once told me that very often the comment threads to my posts were far funnier than the posts themselves. To that I say...You're stupid. If my posts weren't so amazingly fantabulousocious, they wouldn't inspire such hilariousityness in the comment threads. So eat it.

Also. The other night we were heading to bed, and I realized that I needed to pump or else my boobs would explode before Emma actually got up to eat. So. I started flipping through the channels and got stuck on an infomercial for "Express Redi Set Go". Please tell me you've heard of this. It's this round little cooker that you can make omelets, burritos, sandwiches, etc in. Anyway. I became mesmerized by this informercial and ended up watching it for a FULL HOUR when I could have been sleeping. I am baffled by their choice of spokesperson, though. They picked this old lady with a GIANT, poofy, crayon-red hair do, liverspots, ridiculously long fake fingernails, and I'm pretty sure she was channeling Tammy Fay in her choice of facial decoration. And I couldn't stop staring at her. I got queasy watching her be-liverspotted hands pick up all the ingredients. And yet. I really, really, really want an Express Redi Set Go. Like, really badly.

So, remember Sham Wow Infomercial Guy? He got beat up. It was in Time Magazine. The caption under the picture of him all black and blue and cut up... "Sham Pow". HILARIOUS. I'm guessing the deed was done by some manufacturer of the Sham Wow Imitators that he dissed in the infomercial. That'll teach him.

I hate facebook quizzes. The only one I did was the "Which Bible Character Are You?". I am Moses. Not too shabby, although I'd really like to see the Promised Land. But what I hate most is on the new facebook homepage, EVERY TIME anyone does a quiz, I have to hear about it. And there are some people who do FIFTY QUIZZES a day. And. I. Hate. It.

Mmmmmmm. Artificial Crab Sandwiches.

10 comments:

Christy said...

I love you and your randomness and your vocabulary ~ especially that...it makes you, you. So POOO on the anonymous blog stalker. I don't like her anymore.

Emma is a beautiful little girl. 'nuff said before I overheat!

DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED WITH TEXTERS AND CELL PHONE USERS WHILE DRIVING. 'nuff said there too

I don't like the quizzes either....I never do them...and I don't do the apps either, nor do I send them. Do you love me?

Alyssa said...

Yes. Yes I do:)

dbsetter14 said...

So I have been reading your blog for awhile and I finally feel like I have to comment! I love your funny stories...I would agree that the comments are funny, but they are funny because of your hilarious posts! I am always amazed by people that are texting/talking while driving and using NO HANDS on the steering wheel! I passed someone today on the way to work that was doing it on a curve, and I still have no idea how she didn't have an accident. And Emma does look like a girl (a cute one, too), no worries there! Can't wait to have lunch next weekend!

Dan-o

Deb said...

Man, I needed this post. And Christy, I just imagined you overheading. HA!

First, I'd like to say You're Welcome for contributing to your waaaay funnier comment threads.

Numeral Dos, rubberneckers stink. Stop it, stop it, stop it. Unless there is an explosion (which happened once, actually, and was pretty cool [if I'm being honest] and necessary [for safety reasons of course] to watch), I warn my boys as we approach accidents that I had better not catch them looking at it, not even out of the corner of their eye, because it's RUDE and DANGEROUS and makes a traffic NIGHTMARE. (Yes, I know they look anyway, but at least I feel as though I'm doing my part.)

Third of all, I have to say that I'm glad I don't have any casual acquaintances finding my blog. I'm a pretty well kept secret, which keeps me free to talk about boobs and Walmart. Speaking of boobs, didn't we recently have a comment thread predicting your exploding boobs?

Fourthly, yes, I'm serious.

Quintessentially, I never knew that thing was called "Express Redi Set Go." All I knew was that the crazy liverspotted lady would shove whole candy bars into brownies and turn them into heaven. You should definitely demand your advertising revenue, just like Nicole should for the Bissell Steam Mop.

VI. I hate Facebook.

g. Emma soooooooo looks like a girl. Are the stupid people elderly? Well then, there you have it.

Octomom, if we ever have time to meet for lunch again, do you think you can take me with you to the Promised Land?

Sara K. said...

Deb - your comment was delicious, but only because Alyssa's Lylla-Rage post was an inspirationality.

Obviously those who have the gall to dis your mad blog skillz (not to be confused with Mad Dog skillz, of which I'm sure you have none, which is a good thing) are lacking intelligence.

I think all of us UMC moms take it as personal attack. Good riddance Strunk and White police.

You should start teaching Emma how to throw the jav and then pack a hefty supply of bamboo skewers when you go out. Have her chuck spears at anyone who dares call her a he or him.

Shell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shell said...

I seriously want my own Express Redi Set go. I am not even kidding. I watched the infomercial the other evening (At least you had a good reason to be watching infomercials- we just have an infomercial channel that sucks me in every single time I try and flip past it).

Having trouble concentrating now b/c I am having images of pretty little Emma chucking spears at stupid person calling her a him.

Stupid person totally deserved it.

*I deleted my previous comment b/c I used "totally" twice and wanted to smack myself for it.

Alyssa said...

Hahaha...Nice Shell, I can TOTALLY relate, because I TOTALLY say TOTALLY way too much!

Deb, were asking me on a lunch date? If so, I totally accept.

Sara, Emma is quite good at throwing things, do you think that will make people assume she's even more of a boy?? (I used to get it ALL the time...ack)

Dani...GLAD YOU FINALLY COMMENTED! Do you have a blog? I'm about to go stalk you:)

Holly and Steve said...

Emma looks nothing like a boy! She's adorable! And you are right they are STUPID! I can't believe she is 5 months now. Time really does fly!

lauren said...

Word!! I wish I could create words like you do. Instead my english just sucks in general. I agree one million percent on the whole boy thing. When people asked me if j was a chick and he was wearing all blue - including a blue beenie.. I looked at them like YOU ARE RETARDED!!