Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Five
























































1. So, I ran my 5k last weekend! It was on Saturday, in Mechanicsburg. I finished in 29:32. It was slower than I was hoping, but faster than my overall goal of 30:00. So, I'll take it. I couldn't have done it without my friend, Darin. We didn't really train together, because to be honest I didn't really train that regularly. But. She really pushed me for the first two miles. I have absolutely NO internal clock to know how fast I'm running, so I just stuck with her. She took off for the third mile and smoked me, but she set me on a pace to get in under 30:00, so THANKS DARIN for helping me hit my goal! By the way. Darin is a woman. Not a man.




















My next goal is a 10k, because I think I can hack it once I get into regular training, now that the weather is nicer and I can get outside more regularly, instead of waiting for someone to babysit while I go to the gym (which isn't frequent). Darin and I also sort of maybe talked about doing a triathlon at the end of August. I haven't committed to anything because I don't like swimming. Actually, swimming is ok. I'm just not keen on drowning. Which is the more likely outcome of me trying to swim with other people in a 5 foot radius of where I'm swimming. Anyway. I also have a fear of swimming in water, when I can't see the bottom. So, Darin said she found a race put on by a YMCA, where the swimming would be in a POOL...so hopefully I can work up to that one.




















2. Oh Kelty, how I love you. Kelty is my new jogging stroller! It came in the mail on Tuesday. Chrysta did a lot of leg work in helping me find the perfect jogging stroller for ME, so THANKS CHRYSTA! I didn't think to take a picture of it yet, but I will in a future post. This will also assist me in getting into a more regular training routine.




















3. Emma is 5 months old! Holy cow! She's getting so big and awesome in general. She can sit up on her own for several seconds at a time. She's really good at balancing herself forward and backward, and is getting better balancing side to side. She's figured out how to catch herself with her hands if she starts falling, too. She just impresses me everyday with how strong and coordinated she is! She is also very good at grabbing this little ball I have, and throwing it! Pretty far, I must say! She's also had her eye on Bird's volleyball the past few days...She IS her mothers daughter!




















4. Tooth! Emma has cut her first tooth! She's been showing signs of teething on and off for the last two months or so, and she finally cut her tooth today! She took it like a champ! It's so cute, she keeps sucking in her lower lip and kind of playing with her tooth...and she'll rub her tongue against it...she's so freakin' cute.




















5. Mike's been gone this week. He's in Pittsburgh for training, so I've been at mom and dad's in Lebtown all week. We miss him. It's really cute, because he's so worried that Emma will forget him, that he made me promise to show her pictures of him every day! Of course she misses him, and so do I. But in the meantime, it's been fun hanging out with Dad and Bird (mom left for AZ yesterday morning...). Today is Bird's birthday... HAPPY 24th! She and I went bowling with her friend Shay on Monday night. Those girls are silly. And I got some awesome footage of Bird dancing on the lanes!




















So those are my 5 for now.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I have no idea what's going on with the spacing on this post.

?

Deb said...

I like your five. But I still think running on purpose is weird. Nonetheless, congrats to you and Darin the Girl. Be careful of your stupid shin.

Could Emma be any cuter? Her eyes are gorgeous.

Christy said...

you rock!

chase said...

Emma is gorgeousness personified! Holy moly!
Congrats on your five! All of them, actually. Hooray for you! You look fantastic and I know you probably FEEL good, too. You always seem to thrive when you're In Shape.
love you, girly!
*I'm about to post as "Chase." I know it, and yet I'm too lazy to change it. And yet, I'm not too lazy to devote a whole post-script paragraph to telling you that I'm about to post as "Chase." If I had just skipped the paragraph I could have changed my account status and posted and still be done before I hit the period at the end of this sentence.