Sunday, January 4, 2009

Oh Sweet Merciful Crap!

I don't know why I titled this blog the way I did, but I did.

So, 2009 is upon us, and I feel as though it's been a good long time since I've had a substantial post. So here is my best sleep deprived attempt...

Christmas. Was. Awesome. Yes, yes it was. Anna and her gang and Chrysta and her crew all made the trek to PA for the millionth annual pukefest bonanza. Honestly, the pukefest part didn't seem nearly as bad this year, but maybe that's only because I wasn't part of it. Anyway, it was a BLAST having all the Kilgore gals back together again. So much went on, so much fun was had, so much goodness all around, that it just seems too overwhelming to even TRY to chronicle it all via blog-o-sphere. So I won't. Just suffice it to say that it was Awesome-O. Of course we were all sad that Jerry and his crew couldn't make it like they'd planned, but we're just glad that their car is now functional at least. And of course we were bummed that Sam and K's brief stop off didn't happen, due to the freak-of-nature-flight-cancelling-airport-shutting-down snow storms that engulfed the East Coast as they were intended to arrive. And also, we would have liked to see Carl and Scott and their respective crews, but are just happy that they were able to spend time with their own families, and that all had a healthy, happy and safe holiday.

As far as 2009 is concerned, we are looking forward to watching little Miss Emma continue to grow and develop. She is really starting to smile now. And not those random facial twitch smiles...actual REAL smiles in response to a stimulus. It's awesome. And she's really starting to just make noise! I think she realizes now that she can make sounds, and it's wonderful to hear all the different sounds she comes up with! She's about 10 pounds now, and is getting longer and longer each day. It was wonderful, if not exhausting, to share the holidays with her for the first time. Having a kid definitely changes the dynamics of a holiday, in an awesome way. We are so thankful for all that 2008 brought us, and can't wait for what's to come in 2009.

So, here's hoping that the rest of you had holidays that didn't suck, and that your new year won't either!!

PS - I'm blogging on the new Dell Mini 9 laptop that Mike got me for Christmas. He's the awesomest!

1 comment:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Ooh, I read this last night and meant to post. I actually thought I already did.
I love the pics. Emma is such a doll in that little dress.
It was great seeing you over the holidays. I wish we lived closer, but it just makes me treasure the time even more. You're doing this whole mom thing like you were born for it. Keep it up!
love you!!!