Saturday, March 13, 2010

If you haven't noticed....

My blog well has run dry. I just can't think of anything witty or funny or rage-enducing to chronicle. Except, ya know, my eyebrow hairs. And I know that's the only reason you all even read this blog, so I hate to disappoint. So for now, I'm going to do a little update on Miss Emma, per request. I do not have pics at this point, but I will soon.

Poor little Emma. That girl will just Not. Stop. Teething. Seriously. 14 teeth in the last 10 months, and with few exceptions, they've come one at a time. So, from the time she was 5 months old she hasn't had much of a break. And for all of you out there who told me that after the first few teeth, it wouldn't bother her as much... I HATE YOU. Because for this little girl, each tooth has been worse and worse. And this week has been particularly bad. She just isn't herself. Those of you who know her, know that she is rarely still. Well, this week all she's wanted to do is curl up in a ball and watch Finding Nemo or Veggie Tales. It's really sad and pathetic. I just keep telling myself, "Only 6 more baby teeth!!"

Other than teething, Emma is just nuts. Crazy crazy crazy. She loves to dance, blow raspberries on my tummy, climb all over things, and eat eat eat.

She is ridiculously skinny, but somehow she just never stops eating. And I mean NEVER. All day, every day.

Oh, and also she randomly does really funny things like the one day she decided that her method of opening doors would be to KICK them open. Chuck Norris style. It was hilarious. And also this week she found an empty diaper box that has a little opening in the bottom. So she puts it on her head and walks around running in to things, and peering out of the hole.

And she loves to be outside. It's warmed up quite a bit here, so we've been out a bunch lately. She found her sled in the back yard, and decided she wanted sled rides, and then that she wanted to pull the sled around herself. It looks really funny when it's 60 degrees out!

And she kisses EVERYTHING! (Except for us). Just tonight she kissed her handful of mashed potatoes. She kisses pictures in books, she kisses her stuffed animals, she kisses her own reflection in the mirror, she kisses her toothbrush, she kisses the couch, she kisses my toes, she kisses daddy's knee...the list goes on.

So cute. Oh, and she likes to pretend that she's a puppy. She'll get down and crawl around, and stick her tongue out and pant like a puppy. It's wildly entertaining.

She's just wildly entertaining in general. And I like it.

2 comments:

Deb said...

As do we. Like it, that is.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Well, I know I wasn't one who told you "it gets better after the first couple of teeth", right? Because teeth just suck in general for babies. My kids have never had it as bad as Emma, but it's never been a picnic, either. Poor thing! Only 6 to go! :(
And I'd like to point out that it's morally wrong to TELL us of her cuteness without SHOWING us her cuteness. MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE, I SAY!
And my blog well ran dry awhile ago, so no worries. I could write a million blogs about eyebrow hairs, my stupid colds that I keep getting back to back to back, the fact that I never want to get up off the couch, potty-training woes, etc., etc., etc. But I figure that's probably not going to be very fun to write OR read...
So the well stays dry. OH WELL.
That's for you, Mom.