Thursday, November 20, 2008

FYI

An update for those of you who don't get the family emails...

The Dr.'s appt yesterday was ok. I'm still only 1 cm dilated. I have a non stress test and ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Due date discrepancy: The initial estimate (when I was 8 weeks) was 11/19. Later that day I had an ultrasound, and they said the due date was actually 11/16. At every appt. since then, the countdown has lined up with an 11/16 due date. Then at my appt. last week, the lady who was scheduling me for another appt. said that in my charts, the due date was still recorded as 11/19. Confused, we asked the Dr. about it yesterday. He explained that yes, the ultrasound date of 11/16 was more accurate, but that in order to change my due date in my chart, there needed to be 4 or more days of difference between the estimate based on my last period, and what the ultrasound showed. SO. There was only 3 days difference, so even though we spent 32 weeks operating under the timeline of an 11/16 due date, they never made the change in my charts. Why does this matter? Because it effects the date I will be induced, if I don't pop naturally.

So. I'm scheduled to be induced on Tuesday morning at 9:00 am, instead of on Saturday or Sunday. At this point, 2-3 days just seems like a really long time. At any rate, if I'm able to deliver naturally after being induced, I'll be sent home from the hospital on the morning of Thanksgiving. If for some reason I have to have a c-section, I'd be sent home the day after Thanksgiving.

So, that's my story. I'm cranky. And tired. And I think I'm just going to hunker down in the house until she gets here.

4 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

Have you told your doc that you have two older sisters who have had multiple C's due to uncooperative cervixes? (Sorry Bird.) It might be good if he had that bit of family medical history.

Unknown said...

Good luck Alyssa. I'll pray that everything goes well for you and that you don't have to have a c-section. I had one and they aren't fun. again, good luck.

matthew emilee sarah and jack said...

CONGRATS ON THAT BABY GIRL . HOPE EMMA IS A GOOD BABY AND I CNA'T WAIT TO MEET HER . AGAIN WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF MOTHERHOOD IT IS FUN . IF YOU NEED ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Sara K. said...

There's going to be a riot in Iowa if we don't get to see some deliciously sweet new baby pics!!!! We might just have to drive to PeeYay and see EmmaBean in person.