Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm On the Bandwagon Again...

After reading the inspirational "I had a good day because..." entries of two of my SIL's and one of my Sisses, I decided to give it a try. Today's as good a day as any, as you can tell by reading my #1...

I had a good day today, because

1) I didn't go to work!

2) I felt really crappy in the morning, but felt mostly better by evening

3) Mom came over this afternoon and I showed her how to workout, then took her to my fitness club so she could try out an elliptical! Nothing like getting your mom ripped!

4) I made some bangin' quesadilla's for dinner

5) I ate oreos

6) I didn't go to work!

7) I haven't shaved my legs in like... a long time

8) My new glasses are super cute, and I wore them most of the day

9) I had a nap from about 8:30 - 11:00 this morning

10) I watched three episodes of Saved By the Bell right before my nap! Hooray for TBS!

11) I didn't go to work!

12) Mike is sick (WHICH IS BAD) but it makes him super cuddly and I love that!

13) Mike and I got to bum around the couch for quite a while today, commiserating in our sickness. Not necessarily a "Good" moment, but the "together" was good, since his schedule has been crazy busy lately

14)I haven't received any emails yet from the school about my classes being bad today while I was gone. That's a good sign, so hopefully they got the message last week when I nearly blew a gasket after hearing my sub report on them...

15) AND THIS IS THE BIG ONE... I think I'm quitting my job at the end of the year. THINK being the operative word. About 99% sure right now... it's kind of relieving to know that I CAN quit if I want to. Mike would like me to quit right now. But then that would just cause all sorts of chaos... but end of the year would be good timing... so I'm hoping I'll actually have the cajones to go through with it...

And that was my good day, because I was at home and not at work. Are you sensing a pattern, here?

4 comments:

Sara K. said...

You go girl! Now everyone needs to give you suggestions with what career you should tackle next, right?

My vote, Professional wrestler or for Bird an Ultimate Fighting champ

Chrystapooh said...

I'm hoping the job-quitting has, uh, a reason behind it, other than the fact that the class scheduler at PHS obviously has some kind of grudge against you. But I'm not asking...

Alyssa said...

Good, because I don't have the answer you think I have, so it's not that:( It really is that I just hate my job, oh so much.

Chrystapooh said...

I'm sure it will be that soon enough. In the meantime, your 6th period class is plenty of reason!

And I vote for live-in personal trainer/gourmet chef as your next career, although that means you'd have to move to GA! I wonder if Mike would mind, since we only live 20 minutes from Augusta National...