Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's about to get crazy up in here!

Sooooo, things are great! Quit my job, which is wonderful. Even though I have to work for another 3 months, it's just a huge relief to know that come June 12, I am SOOOO outtie! Except... today I was cleaning/sorting all the crap on our bookshelf and ran across an old manila envelope that contained the letter of recommendation written for me by my "Methods of Teaching" professor, and student-teaching coordinator. It was glowing, and reminded me why I got into to teaching. I had such a great time student teaching!! Too bad Palmyra sucks so bad, that it made me hate it:( But, ya know what, I'm not closing the door on teaching forever, so there's a chance I might find some other school district to teach for down the line.

ANYWAY, that is totally not the point of this blog. The point of this blog is to tell you how EXCITED I am for the upcoming week! Only 2 days of school, 1 inservice day, and then I'm attacking our closet! Literally! With a sledge hammer! Mike and I have long had plans to open up our closet and turn it into two side by side "His" and "Hers" closets with nice littler organization systems, instead of the crap that existed there when we bought the place. So we custom ordered two sets of french doors, picked up a couple closet organizers with shelving and wire drawers, and also picked up a shoe rack. So, this week we are going to tear it all out, and put the new stuff in! Exciting!

We also are going to FINALLY paint our bedroom once everything is in, and we picked up the paint. Main color is "Egyptian Nile" green, with "Cottage White" trim. It's gonna be so peaceful! Hmmm... oh yeah, we went to IKEA today! I love that place!! The nearest one is in Conshohocken. We wanted to see what kind of closet organizer systems they had, and thought it was worth the trip to at least see what they had. Unfortunately, all their amazing closet stuff was not meant to be inserted IN a closet, but was meant to BE a closet, assuming that there was none in the given space. So that was a bust, but IKEA is never a waste, and we found a bunch of other goodies to pick up there. A few cups, cutting boards, and new clock for the kitchen, a swinging mirror for the basement, hangers for Mike's pants (haha), a little pencil case, and a bedside lamp for me. Really just random stuff, but it's that extra stuff that makes your house special! So, we had a good trip, got some stuff we really like, and are anxious to start tearing down walls and putting the new stuff in! I've included some pictures of the stuff we got today, as well as some "before" pictures of our closet. It's horrendous.

7 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Those are sexy new glasses, too. And what color is your lipstick? I'm forever trying to find a color of lipstick that will actually not make me look like a drag queen. Seriously. It's a problem to be toting three kids to the grocery store while looking like a tranny.
But I digress...
Ikea is ALWAYS fun. Cam calls it the Blue Store and we frequent it frequently.
p.s. If there was a way to mail Sophie to you just for a couple days I would do it, but alas (Taylor cover your eyes) I cannot mail my boobs.

Alyssa said...

HAHAHAHA! Sorry about your boob issue, I probably couldn't mail mine either! And yes, IKEA is awesome. And I never wear lipstick, only chapstick. I think my lips look so red because they are pretty chappy right now, and get a nice glow when I balm 'em up!!

Chrystapooh said...

Hudson can recognize an Ikea store from half a mile away. Actually, he thinks any store with a blue and yellow logo is Ikea. It was one of his favorite places when we were overseas and we miss it terribly. Half of our house is from Ikea.

Love the new glasses, congrats on the closet plans, and have fun with your sledgehammer this week. New pics up on my blog, and I think the ones of the living room include the sexy new ceiling fan...

Deb said...

Lunch -- did you mention lunch? I'll send you an email...

It makes me very sad that your experience at PASD has ended this way. And its most unfortunate that future World History students have lost one of the neatest, most memorable teachers they might have had. But I love that you're so freed by this decision, and I think it is the best thing you could have done for your own sanity and happiness. This is just the beginning for you, for lots of wonderful things.

Glasses -- awesome, btw!

Sara K. said...

Deb - I clicked on Alyssa's blog thinking I was clicking on yours and when I read that "you" quit your job, I about fell off my chair.

Deb said...

LOL, now that would make ME fall off my chair. We'd be eating at the soup kitchen, living in the truck with a tarp over the truck bed, in Perry county. But lots of my other stress would be gone, like working and cleaning. Hmmm...

Chrystapooh said...

Hey, how's the sledgehammering going???