Sunday, August 15, 2010

29 weeks - a synopsis

So, I'm just about 29 1/2 weeks pregnant, now. Here's a synopsis of how it's been going...

1) I can't stop eating ice cream (you may also substitute brownies, cookies, whipped cream, popsicles, more ice cream, candy bars, caramels, any form of candy, and ice cream).

2) I've been wearing the same 2 or 3 outfits. For my first pregnancy, I had all of Anna and Sara's old maternity clothes. But then Anna got all preggo, so I had to mail the clothes back to her. I am being literal when I say that for Emma I bought exactly 2 shirts and 2 pairs of jeans. I've bought a few things to supplement my wardrobe so far, and Chrysta bought me two adorable dresses so I can look appropriate for church. But otherwise I just have NO desire to go clothes shopping. So I hang out in the house wearing mesh shorts and Mike's t-shirts, and I have a few key items to throw on when I leave the house. And I am sooooooooo ok with this.

3) I can't stop crying. Seriously. Over everything. Emma wouldn't eat the dinner I made tonight. SURPRISE SURPRISE. She never eats anything I make. But tonight, it sent me into full blown tears at the table. And then Emma started immitating me crying, and it was actually really funny. But anyway, yeah, everything makes me cry. Like, Taco Bell commercials. And when we run out of ice cream.

And that pretty much sums it up.

2 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

Um, OK. I'm going into the garage TODAY to get a box of maternity clothes together for you.

I'll probably also eat some ice cream, cookies and/or brownies in your honor.

Anna@Exasperation said...

I will also send some clothes back with mom and dad. It's always nice to have a few DIFFERENT things to wear at the end of a pregnancy when you feel like smashing every mirror you accidentally walk past.
AND? I can't eat ice cream. Dairy makes the divine Miss H. less divine. So I'm stuck with JUST brownies and candy bars and candy. It's an empty life, let me tell you.
PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And? You're hilarious all the time AND when you're with child. Such a gift.