Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Did I forget to mention...?

No, I didn't forget to mention. It was like I purposefully neglected to mention that...

We're moving!! TOMORROW! ACK!

We sold the house after it was on the market for about 5 weeks (you were close with your guess of 1 month, Lauren!!) and have been getting things with the house wrapped up for the last 7 weeks. There was the inspection, and the FHA appraisal, and both resulted in us having to do some major, but not TOO major work on the house. And then there's been the packing. Lots and lots of packing. And cleaning.

But, I'm glad it's almost over. I didn't really tell anybody (family included) about the move until very recently, because I have this thing about jinxing myself. (ask Darin, she knows) I have been petrified that something would go wrong, or our buyer would back out. But the day is here (in a couple hours) and there's no turning back.

We'll miss this house. Sort of. Ok not really. We'll miss the memories of this being our first home, and of bringing Emma home here. But that's about it. Goodbye, money pit. Goodbye, house in which you cannot make any noise while Emma's sleeping. Goodbye, house with the really annoying neighbors who may or may not live across the street!

We're moving to a new house in Linglestown, so it's not far from where we are now, maybe about 10-15 minutes. I don't have pictures yet, but I'll try to get some up by this weekend. It's in a very cute development, at the end of a cul-de-sac. There are some things that will need updating, (like the blue carpet, everywhere) but generally it's in great shape. The kicker that will make all you ladies jealous??? The house comes with a pretty much brand spanking new GE front loading washer and dryer. Awwwwwww Yeaaaaaaaah!

So, I'm happy.

11 comments:

Deb said...

So, I'm happy also too. Except about the part where you say your new house is in Linglestown, instead of Campbelltown. What's up with that?

HAPPY MOVING TOMORROW!!!!!!

Alyssa said...

Ugh. What's up with that is that EVERY house we saw in Palmyra/Campbelltown that we liked was Short Sell. And seeing as how we only had about 7 weeks from the time the deal on OUR house was executed, to find, make an offer, get an offer accepted, do inspections, and get approved for a mortgage... the standard timeline of buying a Short Sell 3-6 months and that just wasn't going to work for us. I can't tell you how bummed I was about that. My absolute #1 favorite house was in Campbelltown, and the bank just wasn't going to cooperate. Frowny face:(

Christy said...

Congrats and we're so excited for you. Hopefully this new home will bring everyone a little peace and quiet (for Emma's sake!)

Faith said...

if your old washer was a non-energy-efficient top-loader, I predict you are going to absolutely DIE with love for the new one. The first load I did with our brand new energy efficient front-loading Frigidaire, I was shocked at how much less water there was in the load when it was done, which of course seriously cuts down on the drying time. SO awesome!

Shell said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

dbsetter14 said...

Congrats, Alyssa! Good luck with the move!

Sara K. said...

Congrats! Hey, our house has blue carpet - it's not so bad. Once the dog goes, then we'll get serious about flooring. Hope your move day is going swell!

Anna@Exasperation said...

True 'dat, Sara. I have a friend with blue carpet, too, and I seriously never even notice it unless she points it out.
Your washer and dryer I promise I WILL notice when I meet it in December.
SO excited for you! I also too live in a money pit and will probably be here for another five years. Which is cool, except that it's not. Oh well. Life, right? I'm glad you're getting out of yours, though! Especially for Emma's sake:) Rude neighbors are lamestown.

Sara K. said...

E-V-E-R-Y house is a money pit.

Deb said...

True 'dat, also too, Sara.

Chrystapooh said...

Even brand new houses are money pits. I know. I have one. That is, a new house which is a money pit. We'll be verrrrry lucky if we actually manage to sell it next spring.