Thursday, April 22, 2010

About the house...

Before I forget -

Anna, we have wall paper in only one room in the house, the living room. It's a brown-ish color with a diamond pattern and a border at the top. The blue dining room is just a faux paint job, and actually it's not blue anymore, it's now Desert Camel, as is the family room and entry way. The kitchen is still white. Our bedroom is a FUNKY purple faux paint job with a border at the top. Once the border comes down, we will be painting it Gentle Rain, which is a very pale, soft gray color. Emma's room was just plain white, but we've painted in Pale Daffodil, which is the exact same color she had in her old room. We figured the more we could make it feel like her old room, the easier she'd adjust to the new house. We have wall paper borders at the top of the kitchen, the spare bedroom, and the half bath on the first floor (the walls in the half bath are the same as the walls in the master bedroom). We plan on leaving the wallpaper in the living room for now because it's not SO bad, but will be getting rid of it eventually. We do plan on getting rid of the borders everywhere as soon as we have the time.

Faith - I know I already facebooked you, but just for everyone else' sake, I'll say it again. You were so right. I am sooo sooo sooo in love with my new washer and dryer. The washer took longer than I expected, but then BAM! The dryer took 27 minutes to dry an extra large load. I almost peed my pants with excitement!

But, just so you don't think I'm bragging, Anna, I'll go ahead and tell you all that my dishwasher sucks Butt. Big time. In fact, my plates don't even fit in them. Anywhere. It is so bizarre. And it's like mom and dad's OLD dishwasher, where you have to actually use a sponge and soap to pre-wash the dishes before you put them in the washer. Sort of pointless. So. Bah.

I'll take more pics once we get things in their place, get furniture situated (OMG - Mike and I are actually getting bedroom furniture this weekend! Can you believe it?) and things put away so you can see the improvement with the paint jobs and whatnot.

5 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

ONLY 27 MINUTES TO DRY AN EXTRA LARGE LOAD?!?!?!?! Be still my heart! My dryer takes an hour and forty five minutes. It only has a timer up to 60 minutes, so that means it takes even longer, because I forget or get busy and it ends up being hours until I go re-start it for the last 45 minutes. Maybe when we move we'll get a new set and leave the old set for our probable renters. And the boys need their bunk beds and we've completely grown out of our dining table and... There we go again. I'm not even IN my next house yet, and it's ALREADY a money pit!!!!!

Can't wait to see the new pics of all your hard work. That will have to hold me over till Christmas...

Anna@Exasperation said...

I cannot, nay, WILL not comment on your W/D combo and it's amazingness. It's like telling a skinny girl how skinny she is. She already knows it.

But I'm happy for you:)

I can't wait to see pictures of your new Desert Camel/Gentle Rain/Pale Daffodil walls! Those colors sound gorgeous. And I'm HORRIBLE at picking paint colors. Ask my house. It hates me. You saw those Faded Chewed Grape Bubblicious walls in my bathroom, so you know I'm fo rillz. I ineed you to come help me pick out colors, clearly.

And didn't you say that the previous owners were divorced? Yeah. They can go ahead and blame that on the angry purple walls in the master suite. Seriously. Who can be happy when you're sleeping INSIDE A BRUISE? It's like, "Hey, goodnight honey. I hope you know these walls represent what you've done to my soul. Don't let the bed bugs bite." Gentle rain sounds like the perfect kind of oasis for your already bliss-filled marriage:)
AND lastly, I must add that it sounds like you've spent night and day and day and night painting! You've been in the house less than a week and I'm going to guess you've been through 800 gallons of paint. Well done! Thank heavens your right shoulder/arm is already so well developed from spear chucking/ball killing. It's clearly up to the task.

Alright, I need to go eat. I think my blood sugar must be low or something...

Sara K. said...

Sounds like you got right to work on the painting. Bed is a fabulous painter-er and lots of fun to have around also too. She's kind of busy, but I'm sure she'd be thrilled to come over and paint (bra-less, of course) with you.

I don't even dare time my dryer. It's really the anti-dryer. Clothes go in and get wetter or something. It takes 2 full cycles to dry a regular load. 1 cycle if you're drying 'a' pillowcase.

Can't wait to see pics!

Unknown said...

I do like to paint...

Everything sounds fantastic. Except the dishwasher. But on that note, we just got a new one -- expensive by my standares -- and it STINKS. Not wash-wise, smell wise. What is up with that???

lauren said...

WHAT THE HECK! I literally don't go on anyones blog forever and look what I miss.. 5 weeks - that is so awesome!! I can't believe you are in another house already - it is so crazy. I am sooooo excited for you. Have fun making it yours...:)