Saturday, July 4, 2009

Meh.

I guess it's been a while since I had a substantial post. I'm just feeling so "meh" lately... no witty thoughts, or funny things that have happened to me lately. So, I will just discuss a few things and then leave you all with some pics of Emma, since I know that's why you're checking my blog, anyway.

So. I got a Shark Steam Mop.

I went to Target with a few items on my list, one of which was a regular old mop. As I was cruising down the aisles, I came across the carpet cleaners and steam mops. Hmmmm, says I. The Shark was reasonably priced, and so I just went for it! I have a lot of linoleum in my house, and it's a hassle to work it over with a mop and bucket. So I thought this would be the perfect solution! And...it's amazing. It works so freakin' well. Just cleaned up all the muck and disgustery that had accumulated on my floors. And this was so very, very important to me as Emma is now crawling all over the house like she's been doing it for years.

Now, there's an issue I'd like to discuss briefly before I move on. The fact that I purchased a Shark Steam Mop may be considered, to some, Bissellphemy. I know that the floor cleaner of choice for members of the UMC is the Bissell Steam Mop, and that I knowingly bought a Shark, which is not in accordance with my membership in the UMC. However. I would like to note that

a) the Target at which I was shopping DID NOT have any Bissell's, except for the carpet cleaners

b) This was an unplanned purchase, so I didn't think to shop around or check at other stores for a Steam Mop

c) It was about 9:30 pm, and I had already spent about 5 hours cleaning my house from top to bottom that day, and the prospect of having ANY fun gadget to help me mop my floors faster was far too tempting for me to pass up

d) The Shark Steam Mop was a great deal, and cost me far less than what it is advertised for on TV

So, that said, I hope the members of the UMC will not judge me too harshly for my actions. Remember, judge not lest ye be judged. There were MANY times that I could have called out other UMC-ers for brushing their hair or teeth before going to the store, or wearing their pants right side out, or wearing trendy, fashionable clothing that was purchased in a decade that was NOT the 80's...but, in my humble graciousness, I did not call those offenders out. So please, PLEASE spare me the wrath of the Bissellites, and allow me to remain a member in good standing of the UMC. If needed, I can provide a list of my qualifications for the club. It is long and varied. That's all I have to say about that.

Moving on. Here are some pictures of Emma for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Well. I guess you just shut me right up then, didn't you. Well humph.

I sincerely hope you still love it in two weeks (and don't return it in shame like my friend Sarah did today when I humiliated her for buying a Shark)!

What? I'm just sayin'...

;)

P.S. I never violate those UMC rules you listed -- in fact, I look more and more fugly with each passing day. It's pretty much atrocious what I consider acceptable "going to the store ready" to be these days.

Anna@Exasperation said...

DarlingSuperCuteFunny2056 was my fave. (That's what the DSCF stands for, right? It's the 2,056th picture of Emma being Darling, Super, Cute and Funny? Yes?)
Well, sister. I'm hoping you'll give it high remarks two weeks from now because, a.) I need a new mop - vinegar plus metal mop components equals rusty mop water equals the floor isn't actually clean, and 4.)I don't want to spend the money for a Biss. Because I'm cheap like that.
So I will congratulate you for this step into the Brave New Floor Mopping World. I wish you well in your ventures.
p.s. your post was extraordinarily well written. Kudos.

Deb said...

So glad to see 1) Alyssa's witty post, and 2) Nicole's witty comment. Not to say that you're not witty, Anna (because, of course, YOU ROCK!), but you haven't been as MIA as others.

And please remember, the most common thread among Ugly Moms and membership in the UMC is that you do what you have to, when you need it to, however you can get it done. The end. If you're caught doing it with greasy hair, no bra and inside-out-pants ... even better. If you kids are having a public melt down and wearing the same ketchup-stained mis-matched outfit (*cough* PJs) whilts you're getting it done, even better still. And if when you're all done, you can make us laugh via blog, then sista, you just won the UMC Ugly Mom of the Week Award.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Hmmm...sounds like Deb should be blogging something right about now.

lauren said...

I probably don't care enough about your floor cleaning contraption - but I hope you like it.. That little lady though - soo dang cute!!