Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mo' Murda

I've witnessed more murder. More...bunny...murder. And it disturbs me. Wednesday afternoon I was taking Emma out for some errands and pulled the car out of the garage and started down the street. And this giant bird that I could have SWORN was a vulture, but in all actuality was most likely a
gi-freakin-normous Hawk, swooped down and grabbed a bunny out of the grass, started to fly off, but then dropped the bunny in the street. Poor bunny then tried to hop away, but was on it's back and was very obviously injured. It was like watching this poor little bunny have a seizure in the middle of the road. A few seconds later the bird swooped back down, picked it up, and flew up to a roof top, and just sat up there with that poor bunny hanging out of its' beak. Thank goodness for rear facing car seats, so Emma didn't have to witness the carnage.

And if that wasn't sad enough...tonight...I...killed...a....bunny.

I just didn't see it in the road. It was dark, I was tired...and I don't even want to talk about it anymore. Let's just say that I am crying right now, and am currently saying prayers that no bunny will come anywhere near me, because I think that I have cursed them all to death:(

2 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

Awwww sweetheart.

Anna@Exasperation said...

You didn't mean it! I have had so many near-death accidents with squirrels, bunnies, dogs and the like. The other week on the way home from preschool I was driving down the road when I see this stupid dog sauntering - yes, SAUNTERING - into the right lane (I was in the left). I thought, "Surely this behemoth of a mammal sees me and will get back on the sidewalk and go home." Nope. Being the brilliant canine that he was he just kept sauntering on into my lane. I had to swerve, stomp the brake and honk the horn. Grrr! If I had hit that dog I would have felt horrible all day! And justified at the same time!
Anyway, I'm sorry about the bunny. Chances are that it had lived a really good, long bunny life and was just ready for bunny heaven.