Sunday, October 26, 2008

Going Retro





Since the trends seem to have abated somewhat, I'm going retro and making a numbered list.

1. Here's some recent preggy pics. 36 and 37 weeks respectively. It's getting close now! I had a check up on Friday and I'm 70% effaced...but I'm only measuring about 35 weeks. Oh well, she'll come when she comes and hopefully we'll be ready. We have a pack and play and diapers and wipes, plus enough outfits to get us by for a while. We can live with that if she comes early!

2. Our front steps are finally done! The job that was supposed to take "1 week, maybe 2 if we run into any major problems" is now finished after just over 3 weeks. And no, in case you're wondering, there weren't any major problems. Except for the major problem of the contractors not showing up to work for days at a time. It took several nasty phone calls to motivate them to get here and get our job done. But it's done, and we can just forget the last month of inconvenience it caused. And the emotional trauma it caused me as people had to walk through the dirt and grass to our backdoor to get into the house, and then dirtied my floors on a regular basis. The day after they finished the project, I spent a good couple of hours sweeping and mopping my floors, and it felt soooooo good. The carpets will be getting cleaned sometime this week. Sooooooo good.

3. This isn't much of a list. But it's all I got for now. I'm sleepy. Nap time!

9 comments:

Sara K. said...

Congrats on the steps, it looks awesome, well worth the wait. And you are getting so close to Bean time. Yippee. We're so excited for you.

Unknown said...

Your steps look great and so do you!
K~

Christy said...

Looks great Lyss! (the steps and your cute belly)

Deb said...

She's even cuter in person, folks!

chase said...

Is that stamped concrete or paver stones or what?! I love the look of it.
And you. Your butt is still so tiny! Why is that?! Sara and Deb, you're on fudge duty at Christmas. And keep it coming!
But seriously, you look great! Can't wait to see you (and the babe) in TWO MONTHS!!!! And I'll be bringing plenty of clothes for le bebe.

Anna@Exasperation said...

That was me. Chase rarely leaves comments. And if he did I'm sure he wouldn't be commenting on the size (or lack of) your bottom.

Alyssa said...

Hahaha! Thanks for that clarification, Anna, that WOULD be weird if Chase was commenting on my butt. And the stairs are stamped concrete. We had to get new stairs, to add the stain and stamp was only an additional $300, so it was an easy choice to upgrade from the plain old concrete!

The Chick Family said...

Hey alyssa! its brooke, steve's little sister. I didn't know that you are pregnant! congrats on the little bundle of joy! our little girl is just about two months old now and boy is she fun to have around. you have a lot to look forward to. have fun, good luck, and congrats again : )

Darin said...

Wow, your steps look awesome! Projects always take longer then expected. Your tummy is so cute. I'm so excited for you guys. Are you having a baby shower here?