Monday, October 6, 2008

Happenings II

Alright, let's try this again. Blogger kicked me off mid-post, so I'm picking up with Happenings II. This is my second attempt to write Happenings II, because as I mentioned before, blogger is being stupid today. I'm not happy, but there's so much to blog, so little time. Anyway...below are some pics of the painting fun. I love the color, and Bean did a lot of helping. I'll take more pics once furniture is switched out and it's all set up!

As some of you may know, Mike and I had our birthday week last week! Woot! Mine is 9/28 and his is 10/2. So we always have a good time with it! We of course had dinner at our favorite restaurant, Cantone's. Then we just relaxed the weekend away. Then we had dinner with Mike's parents on his b-day. It was a nice week, all around. Mike, ever the sweetie pie that he is, bought me an ihome for my bday! It's this little contraption that I can set my ipod into, and play as a stereo. It's also an alarm clock. He had two reasons for buying it for me: 1) He wanted me to able to listen to my ipod at the hospital when I'm in labor. He said this way I can listen to whatever I want and just use the remote to change songs when I feel like it! 2) I can put it in Bean's room for when I'm nursing, or putting her to bed, or things like that. What a sweet and thoughtful guy. The morning of my birthday (we were at church) I was just telling Mike that I wanted to get a CD player or something to put in her room so I could listen to music while I was in there...he later told me he had to bite his tongue VERY hard to not just blurt out my present!!

I would also like to give a shout out to Ta-May-May, my homecoming-attending, not-heavy-enough-to-set-off-the-airbag-sensor, hair-donating, harry-potter-obsessing, 14 year old niece! I called her on 10/2, her birthday also, to sing her a bday song, but she had already left way early that morning for...egads...SEMINARY! That's right...because she's in HIGH SCHOOL! Anyway, here's your song Taylor

Happy Birthday to Taylor
You dress like a Sailor
Perhaps you should think about attending Baylor (because it rhymes with Taylor)
Or maybe just become a Whaler.
And many more...

It took me a long time to think of that song, so I was disappointed when I didn't get you on the phone:( Hope you enjoyed it anyway!

Ok, what else? Ah, you may have noticed there's a picture of my bebo below! I've recently noticed that I'm no longer an innie, nor am I an outtie. Rather, I'm a flatty. My bebo is a flatty. If you don't know why I'm calling my belly button a bebo, you don't read enough Sandra Boynton (sp?) books, or spend enough time with Hudson and Cannon. Anyway, lately I've been obsessed with my bebo, or as Mike calls it, my "timer". I don't normally sing in the shower out loud...I just kind of always have a song in my head. And of late, this is the song that's been in there...

My Be-bo brings all the boys to the yard
Dang right, it's better than yours
I could teach you
But I'd have to charge

I'm not even sure why THAT tune was in my brain, or why I started substituting BEBO for MILKSHAKE. But I did. And now I can't stop. Help me.

Lastly, Shoes. They are not my friend. I'm a sandal person anyway, and I hate when it gets cold enough that I have to put away my flip flops and trap my feet in those meta-tarsal prisons we call shoes. But now...just TYING them is SUCH a pain in my butt (and belly) that I hate hate hate them even more. But I have found somewhat of a solution to my problem. I was digging through my closet and found a pair of elastic slip on shoes. If they weren't brown and plaid, I'd wear them everyday with every outfit. Heck, I might just wear them everyday, anyway.

Alright, that's all I can think of for now. I need a shower. I've noticed that even doing the slightest workout at the gym makes me sweat like a pig now...so I'm icky. That needs to be resolved. And so it will. Buh bye.

4 comments:

Christy said...

great paint choice! Can't wait to see the final product!

I also love that your shoes match the room color! LOL!

Deb said...

Buckcherry ... dude!

I still think your butt looks too fabulous. I'm giving you fudge for Christmas.

Love Bean's room, can't wait to Bissell Steam Mop the windows and new front steps.

Sara K. said...

And you still have ankles. So not fair.

Anna@Exasperation said...

I was going to comment on having such nice ankle bones. I STILL CAN'T SEE MY ANKLE BONES AND MY BABY IS 10 MONTHS OLD! So, yeah, live it up with those sexy ankles, girly!
I'm so excited to come see the house in December!