Tuesday, February 19, 2008

V-Day, Postponed

So, Valentine's Day was a bust. Mike and I had plans to visit our favorite restaurant, Cantone's. That plan was destroyed by about 80 evil 14 year-olds. They are seriously evil. I don't want to get into details, but let's just say it was a day so bad I was contemplating gnawing my own foot off so I'd have an excuse to leave and go home early. I still have two feet, though, which means I suffered through the entire day. And I do mean suffer. And then after the day was over, I spent about an hour and a half in what was supposed to be a "fifteen minute meeting". Then I had to go back to my room and figure out how I was going to rearrange my seating charts for the next day, when all the students were named "Satan", "Lucifer" or "Beelzabub". It gets confusing. Anyway... it was a long day, and I got home waaaaay late. So I was all funky and gross with kid germs, and wasn't gonna have time to shower and get myself cleaned up before our date. Then Mike got home and couldn't stop raving about the horrible day he'd had. Apparently some schlo-mo at the office who's a big screw up and a jerk made a big scene and threatened to quit if he didn't get a raise. So, this big screw up gets a raise! Just like that! Mike had to wait FOR MONTHS to get a promotion and a raise that he DESERVED!! He had just about EVERYBODY in his corner backing him, and at one point the state said that HE WOULD NOT get the promotion and he had to fight so hard for a promotion to a job he was already doing!! Grrrr... so he was livid that this guy got what he wanted just by throwing a temper tantrum. Mike said he was about ready to throw the guy out the window. So we were both in great moods, very romantic, huh? That said, we decided that maybe we should skip Cantone's (I know, I can't believe those words came out of my mouth) and just order in and have dinner on the living room coffee table in our sweats watching re-runs of Seinfeld. So that we did. We decided to postpone Valentine's day until Saturday, and just eat pizza and wings instead.

Sooooo Saturday came and I got my Valentine's present! Mike and I installed my new faucet! Our old one was ugly, gross, and leaking, so I requested a new pretty one! And I got it! And it works! And it's sexy! It gave us some problems, but we had fun installing it together!! It turned out to be a great day, much better than Thursday! And so my four-part gift was complete. Part 1 was the ipod, part two the faucet, part three installing the faucet, and I can't tell you what part 4 was. Use your imagination.

Anyway, we still haven't made it to Cantone's, because they were booked all through the weekend. But we still have our gift certificate from ma and pa Sage, so we can go at just about any time!!


8 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

That is a seriously sexy new faucet. Looks like it was indeed a very happy ending to your Valentine's Day debacle. A couple of my new friends' husbands have been volunteered to install a seriously sexy new ceiling fan for me next week. I'm going to have to wait a while for my "part 4", though :P

Alyssa said...

HA! You made a sex joke!! But I'm very happy for your sexy new ceiling fan. I thought the contractors were taking care of that for you, though???

Christy said...

If Mike is free in a couple weeks, I may need his assistance in assembling our new sink and faucet! Chances are Scott won't be here!!

Christy said...

By the way it is very phallic in nature!!!

Sara K. said...

I'll remember to put a parental block on this site from now on. Welcome to the world of adulthood where kitchen appliances really turn you on, thus the need for part 4.

Chrystapooh said...

Good grief, Christy, are we really that desperate? At least you had your "overnight downtown" recently...

Actually Lyss, the builders did indeed install a ceiling fan. But it's not particularly attractive and rather small and dim for the great room. I got a gorgeous big new one with uplights and downlights and a remote and everything for only $199 at Home Depot, so the builder fan is going to be re-habbed and moved to the playroom and the gorgeous, sexy fan will have pride of place in the great room. I just didn't figure anyone would be interested in seeing me try to install a 55lb. 60in. ceiling fan on the 12ft. cathedral ceiling by myself at 8 mo. pg, hence the rent-a-hubbies. All I have to do is feed everybody.

Christy said...

Thanks for the chuckle Sara!!

and yes Chrysta, I am that bad...it was that time of the month...and early....BAD TIMING MOTHER NATURE!!!

Alyssa said...

Sorry, Sara, I'll make sure to keep things PG from now on. My bad:(