Tuesday, January 22, 2008

UPDATE

8:30 last night, finally prepared myself for bed after forcing myself to stay awake until a somewhat reasonable bed time. 8:50, had my shot of Nyquil, and Chloraseptic spray. I was definitely asleep by 9:30. And then I was awake at 1, drugs having worn off, coughing, nose running, tossing and turning. Continued until about 3:30 when I decided to go get a drink of water, only to find that I couldn't keep my balance, I was really lightheaded, and slightly nauseas. Back to bed for me. 4:15, head to the couch so I don't keep Mike awake any longer. 5:30, realize that there's no way I'm making it to work today. 9:00, call the doctors office to see if they can squeeze me in. 10:50, leave with Mike for my 11:15 doctors appointment. 11:45 leave with a prescription to hopefully knock out this severe sinus infection, bronchitis and fever of 103... Ok so yesterday really WAS a bad day, despite the fact that I may have been hallucinating at points... it all happened... so I'm just glad I was able to lay on the couch all day. And wear my Nittany Lions hat to keep me warm. And my mucklucks. Hopefully when this prescription is done in 10 days, I'll finally feel somewhat healthy. Hmmm... I wonder what that feels like?? It's been so long!!!

2 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

Aw man! That's just what I was afraid of... I'm sorry sister, I know I'm the culprit who infected you. I truly apologize and I'm glad you managed to make it in to see the doc right away. If it's as bad as mine was, it will take a few days (uh, like, a week) before you'll start feeling somewhat ok. I hope you'll be able to spend some quality time on the couch until then. Hot tea or cocoa will help. I like Peppermint, with a little sugar and half and half. Hang your face over the mug while you wait for it to cool down just enough to avoid the dreaded tongue-scald. A warm compress over your nose/cheekbones will feel good, too. Be prepared for more nausea while all that infected yuck is draining. Make sure you don't take your meds on an empty stomach b/c that will make it worse. I'll just hang around feeling really guilty for the next 10 days...

Sara K. said...

Ugh! Sinus infections are the worst! Gaby and Owen just finished their antibiotics from the double ear infections they both got thanks to the same aforementioned Christmas junk. Despite the misery, we're really glad we saw everyone at Christmas. What's a few germs amongst family?