Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm so stupid

Hey remember that one time a while back when I declared that I would never again post anything on this blog that even remotely hinted at happiness or joy in life, because everytime I did, I jinxed myself and everything went to crap? Yeah, I'm reinstating that. I was dumb enough a couple posts ago to mention how the weather was great, and the kids were so happy, and how Izzy was having a nice break from teething, and the girls were getting along and playing so nicely...
Yeah. About two days later the weather got cold again (not full blown winter cold, but cold enough to need a coat when you go outside), and both kids immediately got colds. I don't know about your kids (if you've got 'em), but mine ARE NOT the type who get sleepy and cuddly when they're sick. They do not sit or lay around watching tv, or reading books, or sleeping. They are up and running, they just happen to also be crying/whining/vomiting, instead of running around happily. So they got sick, and then I got sick, and then later Mike got sick. Then it seemed like the girls were getting better, but JUST KIDDING they weren't. And now, nearly a month later, we're all still sick, and the girls have pink eye now on top of everything else. And as if having a cold wasn't enough to make Izzy mIzzerable, she's got two new teeth popping in, which has brought about another round of "I'm going to cry and scream all day, and cling to you like glue"-itis.
And then there are the cars. Both cars ended up in the shop, and needed RIDICULOUS amounts of money for repairs, in a ten day span. And when I say ridiculous amounts of money, I mean, amounts high enough that we probably won't make the reunion this summer, because it's friggen expensive to fly four people to Minnesota.
And the girls, who were playing so nicely, have begun another round of fighting over EVERYTHING. There are so many toys in this house, and they always want the same one. Although they don't actually want it. They just want the other to NOT have it. And Izzy has these sharp little razor blade fingernails, and she knows how to use them. Sadly, she knows how to whack Emma pretty good too, and Emma gets so upset when she does. And I just keep trying to tell Emma that Izzy wouldn't know how to hit if Emma didn't REPEATEDLY GO AFTER HER AND HIT HER. This does not satisfy Emma. Izzy, whose vocabulary is expanding rapidly, has mastered the phrases, "NO!" and "BACK UP!" and routinely screams them at Emma whenever she approaches, because Emma approaching generally means trouble.
So from this point forward, please note that I will not be happy or excited about anything, ever. Lest the universe see fit to smite me.
On another note - I took the girls to the fabric store this morning, so that Emma could pick out some materials. She is one who insists on being covered while she sleeps, and the blanket she has now is just way too heavy for this warmer weather. We picked up some lightweight fabric, and I did the sewing, and then washed it today while the girls were napping. I broke it out after dinner to show Emma, and she was totally excited about it. Unfortunately, she should have played it cool, because after Izzy saw how excited Emma was, she quickly concluded that this was obviously something she needed to have... there was a lot of arguing tonight...