Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sisters

Emma and Izzy. They are living proof that everything is better with a sister.

For instance, sitting around wearing boots is much funnier with a sister.
And it's more effective when there are TWO of you to attack Grandma.
Even going to the bathroom is a delight when you've got your sister (and froggy and perry the Platypus).
It sure is nice to relax in a pile of pillows. But having a sister/ottoman? Now THAT is relaxation. (Pants are also optional)
I think they're texting each other. And I'm pretty sure this is a vision of our future.
When your little sister falls asleep in the car, and by some miracle DOES NOT wake up upon extraction, and mom lays her down on the floor thinking she'll immediately wake up, but again by another miracle, she is still sleeping... well then that's a good time to have a nice fake nap with her! And then 30 seconds later it's totally cool to starting making loud dinosaur noises, and your awesome little sister will wake up smiling, saving you from what was sure to be a very long time out.
And, heaven help mom if she disappears to the bathroom by herself for five minutes. Because sisters are the best at emptying the contents of the pantry all over the living room, kitchen and dining room.
Go ahead and tell me this isn't the cutest thing ever. And then I will PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE.
Lighting isn't good, but do you see the pig tails??
So, to sum up, these sisters are awesome. I spend many days trying not to rip my hair out, but there are also many many many days that I'm just rolling on the floor laughing my butt off. By 40 I fully expect to be bald and buttless.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Clearly I missed out on the FUN!!!!! But, I am wondering ... what on earth gave you the idea that you would have private time in the bathroom? :)

I see the piggies!!! Cute.

Alyssa said...

Oh I wasn't expecting private time! I was in the kitchen cleaning, and the girls were in the other room playing. I thought I'd be able to sneak out to the bathroom, and at least have privacy for the first 30 seconds. So I went to the bathroom, then I washed my face, and I was like OH MAN THESE EYEBROWS. And then like 5 minutes later I was like... Oh my goodness, they are not standing outside the door screaming, they did not barge in.... WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!?!?! And yeah... emptying the pantry.

Danielle O'Haren said...

Totally LOVE this post! Life is most definitely better with a sister! And, Emma and Izzy are so cute together!

Christy said...

Love. Love. Love

Anna@Exasperation said...

I just love you.And your girls. I can't decide which I love more, so I'll have to just love you an equally huge amount.