Monday, December 13, 2010

Guess What?

Hey, guess what? When you want to microwave something, you should probably put it IN the microwave before you turn it on. Because if you don't, flames will be bursting out of the microwave by the time you turn around and realize your food is still sitting on the counter behind you.

Thankfully I caught it early enough that my microwave is pretty much unscathed. But man, that was freaky.

Also. Had my post-baby check up today, and my OB informed me that since I'm nursing, I need to be consuming extra calories. I forget how many she said, but I think it was quite a bit. And I was all, "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!! I'm a get me some pie!" As long as that pie does not contain dairy, broccoli, garlic, onions, tomatoes, oranges, or anything spicy. Because I can't eat that crap.

Also, too. Mom was here watching Emma today while I was at the doctor with Iz. She taught Emma about Santa Claus, and how he says HO HO HO, MERRY CHRISTMAS! For about an hour after she got up from her nap, Emma was walking around the house saying, "Santa say HO HO HO" in a nice, deep, santa-like voice. It was awesome. For some reason she hasn't picked up as quickly on our lessons about Jesus. Probably because Jesus doesn't have a cool catchphrase.

Also, also, too. Isabella (aka Izzy, Iz, Bella, Squishabella, and Squizzy) has started smiling. And it's frikken frakken amazing. Especially because she will be screaming and crying and making a ruckus, let out a big giant toot, and then suddenly stop, look at me, and smile ear to ear. What's funny is that Mike does that very same thing!

Also, too, too. PEOPLE ARE COMING SOON! So excited for the holiday festivities. I love this time of year:)

3 comments:

Deb said...

Thank you for this -- it made me laugh out loud, and I needed that! Also making me laugh out loud -- your "thank you" card. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara K. said...

I bet Deb tooted when she laughed.

The people ARE coming. Like soon!

Anna@Exasperation said...

Don't you just LOVE the people?
And Squizzy? I'll never bother calling her anything else cuz that name is squamazing.
I can't wait to put our babies together and let them smile at each other. Windows will shatter because no room can physically hold all that cuteness.
Boo on the no-food diet! But yay for fitting into your skinny jeans! You'll have to tell me what that's like sometime...