Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Obligatory Holiday Post

So. The holidays came. And then they went. And now I'm sad. But it's ok, because now I can post about all the glorious fun we had. In short style because I'm tired, my pics took forever to load, and I already forget some of the stuff that happened.

Anyway.

My peeps from IA showed up, and we hung out and played in the snow, and then Taylor came to my house for a sleep over. We saw Did You Hear About the Morgans? and Old Dogs. It was pretty awesome. Then we went and hung out at mom and dad's house for a while, and then some people (but not me, and this makes me sad) went to Matt and Deb's for White Chicken Chili. And then we went to Christmas Candy Lane and ate Kettle Corn to avoid frostbite. And we also had the traditional table for a billion at Red Robin, where I ate far too many onion rings and even Chase got to eat them because they don't use egg in their batter anymore. And then Taylor slept over again, and then Bird showed up really late at my house and we stayed up really late and then we woke up in the morning and had pancakes. And then Taylor and Bird took off and then Mike got off work early and we headed down to mom and dad's for the annual Christmas Eve riot. And then Amanda flew in from Texas, and her and mom and dad Sage came to mom and dad Kilgores' and the whole gang was there. And there was music and Luke 2, and 3D-type bespectacles, and food. Lots and lots of food. And presents!

Chrysta? THANK YOU SO MUCH for the little wooden animal figures for Emma, and for the BEAUTIFUL pottery!!! And also for the stocking, and the stroller, and the lip gloss pouch, and the other stuff you sent for me. You > Awesome.

Anyway. Then we played games and Mike was politically incorrect. And then we went home and then it was Christmas. And we went over to mom and dad Sages' and ate some more and opened more presents. And I got some sweet, sweet stuff, but two particularly stood out. That would be my new camera (AWESOME!) which is why I don't have any pics in my slide show until after Christmas. And also? My ExpressRediSetGo. It. Is. Awesome. And then the next day we met up with Mike's cousins and uncle and then we went to Matt and Deb's but they weren't there because they were at Deb's families' house. But Sara and Jerry and all their kids were there, so it was ok, we weren't breaking in or anything. And then we ate A&M pizza after Monka sent Mike and Jerry to the wrong A&M for pick up, but that's ok because we got it eventually and Sara was really hungry. And she made guacamole which apparently was a little spicy for Lydia, so I just ate hers it was really really good. And then we played Guesstures and Catchphrase and it was good times for all. And then the next day Jerry and Sara and her crew came to play at our house and we played and had fun and ate and played. And then the next day Sam came in to town so we went to mom and dads and had more food and yummies from Martins courtesy of the people Sam works with/for. And we got to watch football and the guys got to listen to me talk about how I really hate Brett Favre for reasons that don't necessarily make sense. And then two days later we had Lydia's birthday party and I made a poke cake and a monkey cake, both egg free so Chaser needn't worry. And there was food, and presents, and fun, and hanging out and wonderfulness.

And then the IA contingent rode out on a saddle. Or, rather, a Nissan Quest. And then it was New Years Eve, and Mike and I barely stayed awake til midnight.

So it was good times all around. I had a lot of fun seeing family, and just being lazy. I only wish that Mike had more time off work so he could get to spend more time with us. But otherwise, it was a pretty perfect holiday season.

And then I made a two-part resolution. First, get rid of caffeine. Second, get rid of soda altogether. And then I got a lot of headaches and was feeling crappy. But now I feel better and less bloaty. Hopefully I'll be able to stick with it.

The End.

4 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Sigh.
I just hope next Christmas is fun, too. I just want a do over. That's all I want. Is that so much to ask?

Chrystapooh said...

I love you and you suck. About all the pictures and the Christmas fun in Pee-Yay. We had our own trip, but it wasn't the same as Yuletide at Mom and Pop's.

You're welcome about all the stuff. Emma's stocking is one of my all-time faves, b/c that energetic print on the fleece just reminds me of her. :)

Sara K. said...

It was fun and we will do it again next year. AND THE GREATEST MIRACLE OF CHRISTMAS WAS THAT NO ONE, NOT ONE SINGLE SOLITARY PERSON GOT SICK!!!!!!!!! Amen.

Also too, there will be some hi-fa-lootin' shannigans taking place Oct 15-17, 2010 in PeeYay, just sayin.'

Alyssa said...

I also forgot to mention that Sam AND KATHRYN were there on Wednesday for Lydia's b-day party, too. K came in to town for the day before the two of them left for Jersey (but not Jersey Shore) to see K's family. I knew I'd forget something important!!