Sunday, November 22, 2009

She's One!

Birthday Girl with some serious bed head
Daddy with birthday girl, signing that she wants to eat!

Emma's b-day cakes. Little one for her to destroy, big one for adults to destroy. Please disregard the claw toes on the monkey. My bad.



Awwww.


In her new rocking chair, which belonged to PopPop Sage when he was a boy!





Mommy and Emma checking out the cakes!




Mmmmm.








I think I like this!!







What happened to that pretty little cake that was here before?






So. Emma's 1! Can you believe it?? It seemed as though time was at a standstill just a few months ago, and now BAM! She's 1 already!


So, we celebrated. Yesterday, Mike's sister Amanda flew in from Texas. So we headed over to the in-laws to hang out for the afternoon. Once Emma woke up from her nap, we headed out to Candy Lane at HersheyPark. And. She. Loved. It.


We first went on the monorail. I was a little nervous because she gets impatient when we just have to standstill, and there was a line. But there were enough of us, and we had brought enough food, that we were able to keep her entertained! Once we got on the ride, she was mesmerized. She's always loved lights, so to see the Christmas displays flashing before her, had her awestruck. Next, we went and saw Santa's reindeer. She loves animals so she got a big kick out of that. Then, we hit the Carousel on our way out of the park. It was spinning fast enough to make ME a little nauseas, but she seemed to love it!! I don't have pics from the park, but I'll get some from my in-laws and put them up on FB if you're interested.


After the park, we had dinner at Red Robin. Emma was so well behaved, and just lit up when the waiters and waitresses came out clapping to sing Happy Birthday to her!



Today we had a party with both sets of grandparents, Amanda and Bird. It was great! Presents, dinner, cake... just a great day overall!!


3 comments:

Holly and Steve said...

I can't believe she is one already! Time goes by so fast! She's so adorable:)

Anna@Exasperation said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Yay for Emma! It's days like today when I HATE living so far away. MAJOR sad face:(
Please remind Emma that she loves me and I love her and one day we'll be besties (because I'll be the cool aunt who introduces her to the Twilight books, obv.).
Sigh. I love you Emma. your parents are okay, too.

Deb said...

Oh Happy Day, Emma! Unfortunately this is the only year that you get to eat your own cake [publically], so it's good to see you enjoyed it. LOVED that monkey cake.