Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cheers and Jeers

Cheers to Emma, for continuing to learn how to walk! I wouldn't call her a "walker" but she'll bust out and walk 5 or 6 feet across the room for a toy, or to Mike or I.

Jeers to the old lady at Giant who felt it acceptable to wipe her nose, cough into her hand, and then come up and without asking, grab Emma's hand and then her toes. Those fingers and toes make frequent sojourns to her mouth. So if you do that again, I will punch you in the throat.

Cheers to Darin and I for our fast approaching Steamtown Marathon. We'll be running 26.2 miles on Sunday in Scranton. For you "The Office" watchers, you may have heard that Michael Scott will be stationed at mile 23 with Jello Shots for us.

Jeers to Target for refusing to take my coupons this week!!

Cheers to the fact that I'm done nursing!

Jeers to the fact that I'm done nursing! (well, that should be a more specific jeers to those 8 sharp, pearly white demon teeth that are the reason why I'm done nursing earlier than I wanted to be)

Cheers to Emma, who sounds oddly like Donald Duck sometimes when she's jibberjabbering to herself.

Jeers to being brought to tears by mean people at church! Shouldn't that be the one place where people are nice?

Cheers to dear friends and all the wonderful birthday wishes that were sent my way, and also for those bday wishes sent to Mike!

Jeers to the 10 pounds I KNOW I put on at our birthday dinner.

Cheers to the wonderous glory that is THE MELTING POT. So. Worth. The. 10. Pounds.

Jeers to the wind lately, that has made it too cold out for our daily walks to the park.

Cheers to the plumber, for fixing our leaking bathtub!


I think that's it for my random list.

6 comments:

Sara K. said...

Cheers to punches in the throat. I'm glad to see we've moved on from punching in the face. Punching in the throat seems much more debilitating. One of these days you are seriously going to lose it on some unsuspecting old turtle. I hope I'm there to witness it. And if you happen to have a javelin in hand, that would make it even better.

Cheers for marathoning and saggy boobs!

Cheers to something cute I bought for Emma today. Let's see if it makes it in the mail before Christmas.

Jeers also too for the wind. It's been all crazy here, like I live in Oklahoma or something.

Jeers to the 38 degrees this morning.

Deb said...

Jeers to Deb who only has figured out that you had a birthday.

Cheers to your MARATHON!!!! Holy cow it's here. Dude, that's huge. (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!)

Jeers to people who are nasty. What is that? Don't they know how fabulously wonderful and nice you are? Shut up already, mean people, and mind your own flipping business.

Cheers also too to saggy boobs. They are so much more entertaining than perky ones.

Christy said...

That's what she said.....Oh DEB!! you crack me up!


Lyss, you are going to rock this weekend. Hope you can hear me cheering from here, I will be loud!

Love you

Deb said...

Well, it is in Scranton ...

Deb said...

OK, I'm looking to read all about your big event! Hope you're feeling great.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Cheers: To me for playing with little me at church yesterday.