Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Alyssa 2.0

So, here's an awesome picture of what happens to Emma when Wacky Aunt Bird babysits:) She looks good in aviators! Anyway, girlfriend got it goin' on! She's getting so big (13 lbs!) and is crazy strong. She's rolling all over the place now, and I don't think it will be too long before she starts crawling. She skooches (yeah...it's a word) all over the place already, so it's just a matter of time before she gets strong enough and coordinated enough to pick her upper and lower body up at the same time...I can only imagine how exhausted I'll be! She's also FINALLY starting to get into a groove of nighttime sleep (thanks, Anna:). That whole process has been pretty up and down, but we've adjusted her to an earlier bedtime, and it seems to be making a very big difference. Now we just need to get this girl to NAP. It's a rarity for her to sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time during the day. Which means that I don't get naps at all, because it takes me like...an hour to even fall asleep. But I guess that's just the way it goes!! Anyway...yes...in all her awesomeness, Emma has developed an iron grip....which she loves to use on...my hair. And so, I introduce to you, Alyssa 2.0...my official UGLY MOM hair cut! So...is it FUG or FAB???
Striking a mom-ish pose with a(n empty) car seat.
The Back
The Side (not the huge shadow my nose casts...)
The front (aka, my face also, too)

*Side Note: In RS on Sunday, a Sister shared this startling piece of info...In a study done on people who get 6 or less hours of sleep a night, it showed that those individuals showed the coordination/awareness of a person with a blood alcohol content of .08%. Sooooo basically people who get 6 or less hours of sleep act like drunk people. Which explains A LOOOOOOOOOOT of my life these days! Hahaha...

8 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

Now you know why my friends and I all sport some version of that same haircut :) I'm growing my bangs back out, so mine will look exactly like that in about 6 months. LOVE the mom pose with the carseat.

EmmaBean in aviators is quite a sight. I dig it. (But I would dig it more if she were wearing them while doing a onesie fashion show, IYKWIM...)

Alyssa said...

I get it with the onesie fashion show, so let me break it down for ya'll. I have some pics of her in the onesies, however the smallest size of those onesies are 3-6 months, and the particular brand used is a very HUGE 3-6 months. So when I put them on her, it's very hard to actually see the puffy paint designs...plus 3 onesies are 6-9 months and 3 are 9-12 months, so they are just huge on her. I've tried pulling them tight in the back, but they are so big (and she, so NOT big) that you can't see the designs! So...I'm working on it...blame Emma for being small!

Also: I would like to note that my haircut only cost $11.40.

Chrystapooh said...

OHHHHH. With all the comments about the onesie fashion show before she outgrows them, Deb had me thinking that they were all 0-3 mo or something. OK. So whenever she grows into one, take a pic as you put it on her, and post it. We'll give that sweet, petite little rocker chick some time to grow :)

Kudos on getting a cheap haircut in Pee-Yay that doesn't actually LOOK like a cheap Pee-Yay haircut. That's quite a feat, and one I've never managed to pull off.

Deb said...

Oooohh! Definitely FAB FAB FAB! You so Ugly, girlfriend.

I've been plnning to get the same 'do when I cut and donte my current tangle ... unless I pass out from the stress of it all and go back to the "Rachael" that I'be been wearing for 10 years. I've got at least a year to stress about it. Mine will cost $28, including the tip. Still a good deal, but not nearly as rockin' as $11.40. (Matt's free, but I don't trust him to do a stack in the back.)

My kids started at 13 pounds (it seemed), so I admit my perception of size is a bit skewed. I can wait patiently for the fashion show.

Alyssa said...

I should mention that the cut only cost $11.40 because Bird hooked me up with the family discount at the salon/spa that she works at. That place is REALLY nice, and it was probably the first time in my life that I treated myself to a really good haircut. And I was TOTALLY stoked about the discount. I told Bird she had to work there forever, now.

Sara K. said...

Does Bird's salon know how big her family is? We could put them out of business with that discount with one Christmas Girls' Spa day.

Love the do.

Love the baby.

Wish I was there eating Hershey Kisses while watching Owen pee in the backyard on Truman St, but then I wouldn't be here eating ice cream, cake, cookies, etc. while watching Miles and Owen (aka Superman/Leo and Spidey) save the world from certain disaster. It's a toss up.

Deb said...

Right now, every bit of money is going into the house. But as soon as the dust settles, and if I still have two nickles to rub together, I'm heading straight to Bird's salon to see how much time with Bird 2 nickles will get me. Every time I drive by there, I drool. And I warn you, Bird, I'm wound pretty tight tight now -- my knots might fight you back.

Funny you should mention Owen peeing outside, Sara -- Chase did that very thing tonight. But trust me, you're waaaay better off where you are right now. And not just because Anna has peanut butter cup icecream and eggy-cake. We don't have that but we do have holes in our floor that can transport children to the basement in quick order. Also live wires and protruding nails. You'd have no bed to sleep on, but that's probably not a big deal because we're hammering all night anyway. Sometimes we don't have water, and even when we do, the hot water tank is about to explode, so that's tons of fun. (We're willing it to hold tight till next Wednesday when the plumbers come.)

But back to you, Lyss, I was checking it out again and I totally love your 'do. I thought it looked nicer than $11.40.

Christy said...

Love love love the do!