Thursday, December 11, 2008

Message Received









Ok, Anna. Message Received. No, my camera is not broken. But my regular desktop computer is not currently set up. And getting my pictures onto the laptop is kind of a chore. And also, too my time is currently being hogged up by this needy little baby. And also, I try to sleep where I can. So, my apologies for not posting more pictures, more quickly.

So. Being a mom is awesome. Sure I've had my moments and meltdowns. (lots). But it's just awesome having this little baby to snuggle with! And for those of you who were wondering, the calming effect is DEFINITELY Sherry (mom) induced. The woman just knows how to soothe a baby (me) and also the newborn:) Emma is also a big reason for how well I'm adjusting to motherhood. She's just a good baby. She doesn't cry very often, and when she does it's usually because she needs to poop. Actually, that's really the ONLY time she's cried. When she's hungry, her arms just get going, and she sucks on her fingers. So that's how I know when to feed her. But otherwise, she's just a happy, sleepy, snuggly little baby. She's even adjusted to bathtime, and seems to LIKE it. Well, at least tolerate it. She eats well and sleeps well, and is just awesome all around.

So, that's it for now. I'm sure one day I'll be able to blog about something other than baby. But don't expect that any time soon. I'm kind of preoccupied with it for the time being:)

9 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

Holy Cannoli! She's just such a sweet, petite, gorgeous little thing. And who said you were ever allowed to blog about anything other than the baby? Ever again?

Nicole said...

Oh! She is getting more beautiful by the week! What a sweet little face. And for the record, none of us who have had kids expect anything other than baby pics/news for a good year or so. At least with your first.

Also too I have something for you, but I think at this point I will just send it with Chrysta if she has room in the van (?)

Deb said...

Wow, she's adorable!

Anna@Exasperation said...

I thank you. I know that loading pics onto the laptop isn't easy, but motherhood isn't easy, Lylla. And, in case you haven't read my blog lately, life isn't fair. So while I know it's difficult, hang in there. Because it's definitely worth it (for me). And all that time is well spent (for me).
SO, thank you for more pics of that adorable, charming, fantastical little princess of yours. I love her, love her, love her. And I will see her a week from Sunday, right? Will you be coming down to Lep'nun that day? (read: will EMMA be coming to Lep'nun that day?)

Alyssa said...

I'm sure we can manage a trip to Lebanon that day! What time will you be arriving?

Anna@Exasperation said...

We'll be arriving the night before. So just come after church! I'll make some white chili!! Hooray!

Alyssa said...

Is your white Chili spicy? I'm off spicy foods. It gives Emma gas. Which means I don't sleep. No chili for me. But thanks for the thought!

Anna@Exasperation said...

I can make yours not spicy. Easy, just take out a portion for you before adding the spice. EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZIE! You're eating chili.

Anna@Exasperation said...

unless beans give emma gas. then you can just eat cornbread and I'll make you a sandwich...