Saturday, August 16, 2008




So, this is me at 27 weeks when I don't know that my husband has the camera out. It could have been worse...I spend most of my time in gym clothes, so at least he caught me in presentable clothing. Anywhoo... I go back to work on Monday at the State Board of Nursing, in downtown Harrisburg. Woot! I'll be doing some clerical work. My father-in-law, also a state worker, has warned me that this job might not be the break-neck pace of work that I'm used to. Hey...nothing wrong with that:)

I got a new cell phone. I sent messages to the people I could find contact info for, but if you didn't get the new number send me an email and I'll get it to you. I switched onto my hubby's family plan. I decided to opt for a new number altogether because there's this really old hispanic lady who calls me at all hours of the day and night looking for her son. Apparently his number is basically the same as mine, with 2 numbers transposed. So it confuses her when she dials. Sometimes she dials my number 3 or 4 times in a row, before (I assume...) she gets it right and dials her son. I've tried to tell her on more than one occasion to stop calling me (not so politely when she makes those 2 and 3 am phone calls...I always check to make sure she's ok and doesn't need an ambulance or anything. When I found out she's fine, I get angry). In her broken English she just doesn't understand what I'm trying to explain to her, and I can't under what she's trying to explain to me half the time. So, when the time came to switch phones and plans, I figured I might as well switch numbers and get rid of that problem once and for all. Good riddance, old lady.

My nephews Zach and Ty (under the guidance of their hilarious parents Scott and Christy) left me the most fan-crap-tastical voice mails tonight. HI-LARIOUS! Ty called me Dorkius Maximus, the nickname his loving father gave me as a young one. Zach asked how his cousin BEAN was doin'. And they both ended with a lovely CIAO! Awesome. It made my day!

5 comments:

Christy said...

We are here to entertain you!

You look fantabulous!!!

Sara K. said...

Shucks, I was looking forward to more blog posts about you breakin' up fights with your cute belly.

Alyssa said...

Ha! Well, I don't know...maybe I can stir up some of the people at the State Board of Nursing. Ya know, they might start swiping each other with scalpels and whatnot. Breaking up knife fights puts you into a whole other category of "LEGEND". I'll see what I can do:) Watching the Olympics has given me this feeling that I ought to be karate chopping someone, anyway, so this might be my opportunity!

Chrystapooh said...

You are officially adorable when pregnant. You suck.





JK.


Mostly. :P

Unknown said...

A state job just may be the answer! There are occasional days at work when I look up at 3pm and have to think if I've had anything to eat or even went to the bathroom!! And those are also the days that I think about being one of those construction workers that flips the sign reading "slow" and "stop". Mental energy = minimal, stress = minimal, bathroom break = required by law! :)
Glad you look and feel great!
Kathryn