Friday, August 29, 2008

Funny stuff...

So just a few things from my new job. I'm working for the State Board of Nursing doing clerical work, and while the pace is very, very slow, I've had quite a few funny moments. One of them is mostly internal, but I can't help but laugh on the inside when I'm doing my

T.P.S. reports

If you've seen Office Space, you know why this is funny. And when I'm working on them, I sometimes picture myself coming into work with my power screwdriver and taking apart the walls of my cubicle, and then gutting fish on top of my T.P.S. reports. Ummmmm yeah.

Also, one of my T.P.S. reports was for

LAST NAME: NORTEY
FIRST NAME: OPPORTUNE

Say it with me, people. Opportune Nortey. How cruel were those parents? Seriously? I laughed out loud, and then after I said the name to my co-workers, we all laughed out loud. At this woman's misfortune. But I mean seriously, Opportune Nortey?

4 comments:

Sara K. said...

Oh how I wish I was in "The Office" know. I want to be a follower but I just don't watch TV, the whole central time zone thing is a killer.

You and names. How about the volleyball player from South Philly named Shithead. No that's not a swearword people, it's pronounced Sha-theed, right Lyss?

Alyssa said...

yes, you're absolutely right. She was from Cheyney University, and our assistant coach who also served as the announcer at our home games, had to check with their coach to make sure he said her name right in the line up. It was quite hysterical, seeing printed in our program, SHITHEAD.

Anywhoo...I'm not in "The Office" know either, the TPS reports are from Office Space, the movie.

Anna@Exasperation said...

But it's rated R, Sara. Try to catch it on clean flicks or tv. It's worth it. There's a printer-beating scene in that movie that makes me pee my pants.
Opportune Nortey. That's a reasonable name! John St. John (I knew this kid in Canada - for realz). Not a reasonable name. Opportune Nortey is, at the very least, a great show of creativity. Poor John St. John's parents must have had a very, VERY low IQ.

Sara K. said...

I knew there was a reason I hadn't seen it. Smirk.