Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I AM LEGEND

What a story I have...

We all know that I don't dress up very often for school. But every now and then, I feel the need to look somewhat professional, somewhat nice, for a school day. Monday was that day for this semester. I wore a dress. A DRESS. I honestly don't even remember the last time I wore one...Sure I wear skirt/shirt combos at least once a week, especially when it's warm, but not dresses. I just bought it on Saturday, because Mike thought it was cute on me...And I just felt like looking nice on Monday, so I wore the dress, with some heals, and did my hair all nice and pretty. I should have known that whenever I attempt to dress nicely, SOMETHING is going to happen. And Monday, it was epic.

I broke up my first fight. And it was a doozy.

I was innocently walking down the hall towards the office, and as I got ready to round the corner, I heard lots and lots of yelling and screaming. I knew something was wrong when I rounded the corner, and saw hoards of students circled around some event going on in the middle. I sprang into action!

I started yelling, "HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY!" I don't know why, but it's all I could think to say...so then I dove into the crowd, and had to shove kids out of my way to break into the middle of the circle. Once I got in there, I saw two girls, both of whom I have in class (thankfully, in DIFFERENT classes...). They were beating the crap out of each other. This was not a cat fight. Both girls were swinging their fists hard, but only one girl was landing punches. It was bloody. So once I saw they were punching each other, grabbing at each other, I just jumped in between them and grabbed the one girl in a bear hug. I thought it would just end, but no, the other girl KEPT SWINGING at the girl I had, who was now defenseless, couldn't even put her hands up to protect her face. I saw the girl swinging, and swung the girl I was holding out the way in one arm, and then grabbed the still swinging girl by the hood of her sweatshirt with my other arm. At this point, the were still trying to attack each other, and I'm just trying my hardest to keep them far enough away from each other to make sure there was no contact, nearly getting hit several times myself. And there I stand, one girl in each arm, just trying to figure out what to do next, because the girls weren't quitting. Meanwhile, the crowd is still surrounding us, and people are just yelling. I stood there for about 15 to 30 seconds, yelling "WHAT IS GOING ON?? CAN I GET SOME HELP!" because there were other teachers outside the circle, and a bunch of adults standing in the office just watching. Finally, one of the assistant principals showed up and took the one girl, and I had the other girl, and we basically dragged them into the office. And then it was over...my heart was racing so hard. I honestly didn't even think about what I was doing, I was like some tiger or something, and just sprang into action on instinct. It was crazy. And the ONE DAY that I had to break up a fight, just HAPPENED to be the day, that I wore a DRESS and HEELS. Go figure.

And apparently in the melee, one of the girls stomped on my foot, and it got bruised up. And now I have battle wounds.

But the great part, is that now I'm a legend. At the end of the day, about 5 or 6 other teachers came into my room, worried to death, because the story going around is that I got punched in the face, and that it didn't even phase me and I still ripped the girls apart! These teachers were telling me that kids were coming into class and just going on and on about how I broke it up, and kicked their butts, and took a punch and kept going...And then today, just walking down the halls, teachers and students alike keep telling me how awesome it was...it's really quite hilarious, but I've decided that since I'm going out, I'm glad I'm going out in style! This is my legend.

I AM LEGEND. In a dress.

6 comments:

Sara K. said...

You so rock! Unbelievable that no one else tried to do anything. Add that to your 1,000,0001 reasons why you're leaving.

Chrystapooh said...

Somehow I'm not at all surprised that you were able to handle a wildly swinging girl under each arm while wearing a dress and heels. (And I'm only mildly shocked that you bought a dress - you'd wear anything Mike thought you looked hot in...) I think all the other adults were too scared to try to help you, since they'd probably never seen anything like that in their lives. But you were prepared for the fight by four brothers, Sara and Christy :) I think Sara and Christy in particular deserve special recognition for training you so well that you are now and forever will be a legend at PHS.

And this comment belongs with your last entry, but I'm too lazy to switch pages: I've been drooling over your grill as much as I'm drooling over Sara's cake. Poor Keaton with the drool shampoo...

Deb said...

I'm sending my kids to school with "I'm related to MRS. SAGE" T-Shirts.

Sara K. said...

I was trying to come up with some witty comment about Mason knowing "the Legend," Deb's t-shirt idea takes the cake... but not MY cake. I think we have a winner for the Kilgore Family Reunion 2009 T-shirt!

lauren said...

That is an AWESOME legend to leave behind. I seriously wish I could have seen you in action - I know you were kick trash amazing!! The heels are an even nicer touch to your legend.

Christy said...

If there is any legend you want to leave behind as you exit the halls of that school in June, it is that you are a tough guy and a force not to be reckoned with. You make me proud Lyss!