Friday, May 16, 2008

boooooored

It's been one of those ridiculously busy, yet boring boring boring weeks. I feel like I've been go, go, go, and yet not doing anything particularly interesting or fun. Bah!

I'd say the highlight of the week was one of two things: The French Revolution Song, which I broke out on Monday and Tuesday, or dinner at Cantone's last night with Mike's track team (they're off to districts today!).

So, uh, sorry this blog isn't more interesting. I'm trying to think of interesting things to say, and they just aren't coming. I guess after all the exhilaration of breaking up fights and whatnot, this week has just seemed dull. However, hearing all the rumors about the fight gets more and more hilarious every day. What I've heard so far:

1) I got punched in the face
2) I sprained my ankle
3) I broke my ankle
4) I got a black eye
5) I got a broken nose
6) I got slammed up into some lockers (even though there weren't any lockers ANYWHERE close to where the fight took place...)
7) I swung back and punched a girl in the stomach
8) I swung back and knocked a girl out
9) I swung back and knocked a girls TEETH out
10) I had to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance

Those are the good ones I've heard so far. It's really quite hilarious, because if I see a kid in the hall that I haven't seen in a while, they get all worried and serious, and ask me if I'm doing ok, and if I'm recovering alright. They seem somewhat disappointed to hear that the rumors aren't true, but I'm still a Legend, so it's ok:)

Uh, anyway, I guess the only other thing I wanted to mention on here was in relation to the Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down Cake recipe that Sara posted on her blog...

Well I went to make it last week, and not surprisingly rhubarb wasn't available at the grocery store, and I didn't call Mike early enough for him to walk down the Harrisburg farmers market and get some. Soooooooo, I substituted kiwi for the rhubarb, and made some Strawberry Kiwi Upside Down Cake! It worked out quite well! It tasted MUCH better cold, than straight out of the oven, and I put a layer of cool whip on top. Delicious!! So if you're lacking rhubarb in your area, too, here's an option for you!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I think as a finale on your last day of school you should smash Doritos on kids' heads in the hallways!

Alyssa said...

that would be totally AWESOME!!! If only they still made those 3-D Doritos!!!

Anna@Exasperation said...

Kiwi. Interesting. I'll have to look into that.
So those clothes are coming. I can't wait to get them out of my closet. I'm going to have to break it up into two boxes though...

Sara K. said...

I'm not sold on the whole kiwi business. That cake is sacred in my book. After having eaten an entire cake made with white cake mix AND half of one made with yellow cake mix - white is the winner, hands down, but yellow is a good enough substitute if you must get your fix.