Saturday, September 29, 2007

waka waka waka

Happy Birthday to me
I live in a tree
I like to eat cheese
But I ain't no sleeeeeeeze
And many moooooooooore.
The end.

Yes yes, I had a wonderful birthday celebration yesterday, and frankly, so did Mike. Seeing as we're only 4 days apart, we do joint bday celebration, so we went to our favorite restaurant, Cantone's. I got the Lobster Ravioli, and Mike got the Linguini with white clam sauce. It never disappoints. Mike got me the apple corer/peeler/slicer thingy that I have been wanting FOREVER, and it's so cool that I am feeling the need to go buy an apple right this second just to try it out. For his birthday, Mike got his first very own set of scriptures (the extra extra large size - he's a big guy). I also picked him up a new PSU hat and t-shirt. I had also gotten a gift card from my secret sister at work, so I picked up a nifty Puma backpack. I love bags.

Anyway, today the festivities continue! We're heading out with the in-laws to either Lancaster or Lebanon (Mike can never remember which) to go cedar-chest hunting! Woooo! So that will be their present to us, if we can find one we like. I gotta admit, I'm rather looking forward to it! I think it would look very cute in our guest room, that will eventually (fingers crossed) be a baby room! Then, after shopping we're doing lunch. Then later tonight, we're having dinner with Mike's parents and Ma and Pa K (as they signed our birthday cards) at Houlihans, the new restaurant in Hershey. Sooooo it should be a delightful day of fun and adventure!

Then tomorrow, I do believe Jean will be spending the morning with us at church and coming over for lunch time celebrations. So it'll be a good weekend! I think we've also decided to skip mutual on Tuesday night, and just spend the evening at home for Mike's birthday. Then, next weekend we are going up for the PSU vs. Iowa football game, followed by the PSU vs. Minnesota volleyball game. I mean seriously, could it get any better?? This is why I love the fall:) However, the following weekend won't be AS great, seeing as how Mike will be attending the PSU vs. Wisconsin football game with his dad, which means that, *gulp*, I didn't have any excuses to get out of chaperoning the Homecoming Dance. I'm afraid. Very afraid. Especially after my prom chaperoning experience. Egads.

Soooo many thanks to all those who sent cards (and yes K, I AM the rhyming queen, aren't I?? Hahaha that made me laugh!!) and other well wishes. We love you and miss you all!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I have called your parents Ma and Pa K forever...it's good to see they are using it themselves now too!!!!

Sounds like a fun filled Birthday weekend! enjoy!

Love you,

Anna@Exasperation said...

Hooray! I was just talking about you behind your back this morning. WAY behind because I'm like 2000 miles away...Anyway, i was telling my sis-in-law about your funny sense of humor and saying "she just turned 25". Can you believe you're a whole quarter of a century old???
Sounds like your b-day was FAB and you've got more fabulousness lined up this week! Yay for you!
Happy B-day sis. I know EXACTLY what you want for your b-day and I hope you get it. Soon! (If it was a gift I could bestow I would, but alas, that's Heavenly Father's territory.)

Sara K. said...

Yay for birthdays and Boo for family members who forget them! Sorry! I gues it would help if I put the lovely laminated birthday reminder calendar in a spot where I'll see it. Sounds like a fun birthday week. All birthdays should be celebrated for a week and parades. You should get a parade. Does Homecoming have a parade? You could pretend it's for you.

I'm sure chaparoning a HS dance is quite revolting I suppose the school doesn't enfore the "make room for Jesus" standard at the dance?!?

My parents and the whole Matt Blanchard family will also be at the Iowa v. PSU game! Go Hawks!

As for your birthday wish, I'm with Anna. My advice, have cake with candles everyday until your wish comes true. Bon Appetit!

Chrystapooh said...

I'm glad to know you have bag-lady tendencies like Anna and I. When you get your REAL birthday wish, I have a highly appropriate bag all ready and waiting for you in my closet. With all that togetherness going on this week, you should be getting your wish pretty quickly, I'd think, just make sure you send the parents home first :)
Happy Birthday, Lylla and Mike! We love you and we'll be seeing you soon...