Friday, June 8, 2007

DONE!!!

I am DONE on so many levels!! First - I am DONE with school! Hooray! My last day with students was Monday. And then I had an in-service day on Tuesday. And that was that. The year is over, and I'm finally feeling fine and fancy free. Nice alliteration, eh? The house is also DONE! Which is amazing, because I thought it would never end. Actually, I guess it's not really "done", but there's onlya teensy eensy itty little bit left that needs to be done. The contractors need to come fix the weather stripping on our front door and replace the trim on the inside. But that shouldn't take too long. The gutters are up, all the siding is done, the lights and mailbox are on, and the new doors are installed!! And we even just put up the new house numbers, which was very exciting. We've gotten lots of comments from neighbors about how great it looks now, and we finally feel like the outside matches the inside. We've still got some work to do, but we'll be doing it ourselves. We need to paint the front door (either a dark green, or a cranberry red. Haven't decided yet, but Christy your very hot (as in Paris Hilton hot) looking front door has us kind of swayed in that direction). We are also going to re-stain the deck, build a sort of enclosure around our gas tank outside the kitchen, and MOW THE LAWN, which has not been done since they started this project. But first (I'm crying as I type this) we basically have to crawl around the lawn and pick up all the nails and screws that went a-flying when the took off the old siding. So it may be a while before we actually get to the lawn, but hopefully not tooooo long. Oh, also, I'm building a picnic table and benches for the deck! It's actually been pretty fun, since we've been working on that today!!

Alright, well I think that's it for now. I'm not sure what I'm going to blog about now that the residing is done... Hmmm...


3 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

I'm really glad that in the last picture you and Mike were "still enjoying it" because it shows that you guys are really in this for the long run. I mean, if you were enjoying it at 5:46, and then still enjoying it at 5:46 and 30 seconds, I can only imagine that at 5:48 you guys will still be staying strong. And that is one reason you're such a great example to me, Alyssa.
The house really does look fantastic. I can't wait to see it (and let me children run wild in it) in person some day!

Sara K. said...

I hope you're still enjoying it. It's very nice. Anna, there's a nifty little crawl space in the loft/attic area. My kids were running wild and we thought we lost a couple of them - perfect hiding spot for wee ones.

Christy said...

Lyss, it looks so awesome! I am so glad you are starting summer off in a great way!