Friday, February 2, 2007

SNOW DAY

I don't think that I ask for much. A two hour delay, early dismissal, school explosion... BUT NO. Mother nature just can't cooperate. And so it's FEBRUARY and the state of PENNSYLVANIA has seen no significant snow fall yet. I am a bitter person at this moment. It is FRIDAY AFTERNOON, and the HUGE SNOW STORM that was supposed to hit the mid-state THURSDAY afternoon/evening is JUST NOW showing up. I've gotta say, I'm getting sick of hearing the forecasts calling for snow, with accumulation of 7-a billion inches overnight, only to read in the very fine print that the actual CHANCE of snow is only 12%. WHAT IS THE POINT OF FORECASTING THE WEATHER IF YOU CAN'T PREDICT WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN WITH MORE THAN 12% ACCURACY!! Needless to say, there've been no delays, no early dismissals, and no explosions. This year just keeps getting worse and worse! I think I might move to the Arctic.

5 comments:

Christy said...

That does suck for you in PA...OK is having the reverse problem..and I hate that!!! If you want more accurate weather info, contact your pilot brother...he can hook you up with the stuff you need; more precise weather predictions! Hang in there xo

Sara K. said...

We had a 2 hour delay today for hazardous weather. It is like 30 below outside. I'll bet that Wal Mart sells out of bread and milk on the days that those forecasters predict 7 bazillion inches of snow, even though everyone knows it will never happen.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Move to Texas! They get to stay home from school anytime it falls below 39 degrees! And then the news all morning is weather alerts about "icy bridges".
Want me to take care of that "school explosion" issue for you? I still know some people in PA who could help you out. In fact, I know some people who reallly would love to see Pal-mizzy go up in smoke...just let me know how much it's worth to you.

Chrystapooh said...

Uh huh. Try looking off your balcony several times a day at the ski lift 5 minutes from your house, with season pass in your wallet and skis in the car, ready to go... only there's no snow. In the Alps. In February. And you didn't get to ski all the piles and piles of snow there were last year b/c you were prego and you got to hear your husband come home 4-5 days a week complaining about the lift lines. Uh huh. Yeah.

Alyssa said...

Touche.