Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bird's haircut

Yee-haw! First semester of school is over, and only one left to go!! First semester seemed to go at a snail's pace, so I am hoping that second semester goes much faster, and with far fewer "incidents". I don't know if I can handle another semester like the first without ripping the hair out of my head. And I feel that the stress may be somewhat compounded by the fact that I am starting grad classes tomorrow. Hopefully it will all stay in the realm of "manageable".

Speaking of
"manageable", Bird got a new haircut. By me. It was an interesting experience to say the least. We all go through the back-to-school ritual of new clothes, new supplies, new haircut, and Bird is no different. She's heading back to school in a few weeks, and was getting herself all set to go. Unfortunately, she made a bad decision on WHERE to get her hair trimmed up, and I feel that I may have doomed her in this. You see, she was just getting ready to leave for her haircut when I called and asked her to drop a CD off for me at the high school. Being the loving person she is, she agreed. What I didn't know, is that she didn't have a hair appt., she was just going to find some local hair shop and walk in. If I had known this, I would have warned her to STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM "OUTLOOKS" IN PALMYRA, as they were responsible for butchering my hair this summer (my hair is still recovering from this, by the way). But, alas, she ended up in the chair at outlooks. She called me later and told of the butchered job she got, and asked if I had some clippers... and I did. So she came over so we could try to fix it a bit. Let me just say, in my defense, her hair was horrendous when she got here.



So, we set out with some scissors and some clippers. Bird was talking about just cutting it all off, buzz style, and I was trying to talk her out of it. We came to the conclusion that she, if anyone, could probably pull off the "faux-hawk" look. So, we gave it a shot. Oh my did we laugh. Let me just tell you that the only persons hair I've ever cut is Mike's, and it was a bit different cutting a girls hair, with my nice blunt scissors. But I did an ok job on the top. Then, it was time to trim up the back, and I'm not so good with the clippers. I accidently took kind of a chunk off the back of her neck, but luckily I was able to even it out by taking a chunk off the other side too. All in all, it didn't turn out too badly. I took a lot of Bird's hair, but it turns out she really can pull off the faux-hawk. It kind of fits her. I'm not sure if mom and dad will agree, but hey, like I said, her hair was bad BEFORE she got here!

4 comments:

Sara K. said...

Ummm... Let's hope that grad school works out well for you; you would certainly be a beauty school drop out. And let's also hope the massage therapy school goes well for Bird; I don't know that there's a big market for modeling piles-of-cut-off-hair-
on-the-floor. I'll be sure to bring myself and my brood carefully coiffed and groomed on our next visit.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Just keep Bird FAR FAR away from any Ellen Degeneres or Indigo Girls shows so that no one gets the wrong impression. Other than that I actually think it's kind of a cool cut! What's with Bird getting herself into situations where she ends up having to buzz her head? It's like a life-long re-run...Good thing she's cute!!!!

Chrystapooh said...

Faux-hawk, OK. It will grow, and as Anna pointed out, we are used to this state of affairs with Bird. I've even been there myself with the ridiculous haircut that needs to be fixed, only I paid $100 at Jose Eber in NY for mine. But please, PUHLEEEZE tell me that's just a cute button earring in that "before" picture and not some gigantic ear plug...

Alyssa said...

Sorry, sista friend, it is indeed a pretty sizeable plug. But you'll have to talk to Cathryn about that, she's already gotten enough crap about it, and I don't think she'll take kindly to more! Anyway, where you been sista' friend?? Did Canon grow hair yet? I want to see more pictures, I feel like I'm missing out!! Oh, and just as a side note, Birds hair does look pretty cute, and doesn't need to be in a faux hawk. She really can pull off what makes most of us squirm!!