Thursday, December 7, 2006


Things here have been relatively calm since the weather is getting colder. The hole in the side of our house will be there until Spring, at least. We're hoping to be able to find someone to re-side our house at that point. We also have the following projects in mind: Clean up/ re-do the scary laundry room, build shelves in the basement, put the ceiling back up in the basement, re-wire the whole house, paint various rooms, and figure out what to do with the attic space. And I'm sure Mike has a ton of other insane projects he hasn't even told me yet... By the way, he and his dad are doing the re-wiring themselves. Some of it is already done... it's been interesting. Yelps, and cries of "OH NO" and "OH CRAP" are not exactly reassuring to hear as they are down there poking around in wires... At any rate, we are having fun. The dishwasher is installed and is AMAZING! Very quiet, and honestly two months of doing dishes in the sink (or watching MIKE do the dishes in the sink) was enough to make me very grateful for this luxury.

Ok, well it's time for this entry to come to an end. There is snow in the forecast, and (DARE I JINX IT?!?) I am anxiously awaiting a phone call about a 2 hour delay. A cancellation would be bad, because then we'd have to make up the day... but a 2 hour delay would be amazing. That would mean that my first period class, which I hate because they are a bunch of jerkwadfaces, would only be 20 minutes, instead of 86! HEAVEN, pure heaven! So, cross your fingers for me!

No comments: