Tuesday, May 8, 2012

But what does it mean?

I rarely have dreams that I remember. For a while I was having this weird recurring dream about the Death Blow Kiss Killer, but I finally was able to kill him in one of those dreams, before I woke up, and haven't had that dream since. But I've had another recurring dream in the last few months that I just can't figure out. It goes like this...

I start in the locker room, getting ready for a volleyball game. I'm trying to get my act together to get out to the gym, but I can't find my shoes. So I go out to the gym, and have a major freak out, because I'm talking with Coach Piscotty, and figuring out that I have eligibility left, but holy crap I'm 29 and I can't jump. And she's expecting me to be in tip-top playing condition. And I'm so not. So she sends me away to find my shoes and then I'm somehow at track practice. And I have this crazy intensity to throw, but when I'm trying to finish my throw it feels like I'm trying to move my arm through wet cement. I want to accelerate but I. Just. Can't.

So I quit doing that and go in the locker room again. But when I come out, there is not a soul to be seen. I start roaming the earth, and literally can't find a soul. I'm so confused, and scared, and then I look up in the pitch black sky to see the sun. And it's shooting off these crazy flames, and looks like it's coming crashing into the earth. So I'm running around like crazy trying to find someone, ANYONE, to find safety in. I finally come upon a large gathering of people watching the sky, but they are all in an area at the top of a big stone wall, and there's a fence on top of the stone wall. So I am trying to scrape and climb up the stone wall, but when I do, I can't find an entrance to the fence. I'm trying to figure out what's going on, and I'm freaking out, and the people inside the fence are completely ignoring me.

So I somehow find my way inside the fence, and ask the people what's happening, and why are they all there, and why are they just watching. And they are all totally chill, and tell me it's just a solar flare, and they're enjoying the view, no biggie. So then I get totally confused, and leave to find my family. But I can't find them.

Then I wake up.

I don't know why, but this dream is really unsettling to me. I don't really remember many dreams, but when I do they're usually way freaky and off the wall. This one just leaves me feeling anxious and tense. Yuck.

4 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

It means you're weird.

Faith said...

Seems like the common thread is that something big is coming and you don't feel ready, for whatever reason. Anything like that going on in real life? For specifics, you can look at the Dream section of hyperdictionary.com, which I've always found to be pretty helpful for looking up some of the possible meanings of dream elements. For instance, it says this about the sun: "Seeing the sun in your dream symbolizes peace of mind, enlightenment, tranquility, fortune, goodwill, and insight. It also represents radiant energy. It is a good omen to have the sun shining in your dream." Now, since the sun was going crazy in your dream, I would think that instead of peace of mind, enlightenment, tranquility, etc, you're more likely experiencing some troubling thoughts, turmoil, etc. Either way, doesn't sound like fun. I've been feeling things like this lately too with the impending second child, and when this happens to me, all my dreams revolve around violent water scenes. Water in dreams is linked to emotion, so that makes sense to me.

Alyssa said...

Chrysta-agreed.
Faith- that's pretty cool. I don't think there's anything coming that I don't feel ready for. It's more like I wake up feeling like I want to exert myself, but I'm being held back(like that feeling of trying to move fast through wet cement, you just can't!). But the sun thing was really freaky. In the dream, my initial reaction is always that it's the apocalypse. And I'm just trying to find the family and can't. Yuck.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Eesh. This sounds horrible to the max.