Sunday, February 27, 2011

Going Public

I recently stepped on a scale. It read 180. I am 5'9 1/2. I weighed 135 when I got married. That was just over 5 years ago. I started P90X this week, and am planning to train for a warrior dash, some 5k's, a half marathon, and perhaps another full marathon. I just wanted to make this all public, so now I'm accountable.

I know I'm not super fat or anything, but I just don't feel healthy. I don't need to be 135 again, but a loss of 25 lbs would make me at least feel healthy again. It's about time I did something about it.

That is all.

6 comments:

The Chick Family said...

I need to lose weight too. Don't get to hard one yourself. You look great : )

Sara K. said...

Glad to hear you are focused on being healthy :-) You have a busy life with lots of responsibilities, so don't be hard on yourself. There's a time and a season for all things. Sounds like you are doing the right things to find balance. Love you!

Christy said...

I agree with our sisters. If your focus is to be healthy, you will seek results! Throw the scale away and work hard my sista-friend! You can do it...and you will do it.

Love you xo

Chrystapooh said...

I'm going to see if I can lose some of my gut before the race in Nashville, so that gives me just under two months. Race ya!

chase said...

Oh girly girl. I think that,
a.) You already look fabulous, and
b.) You are capable of ANYTHING!

I know what you mean about just wanting to feel healthy. That's what drives me every morning to the gym or out on that run. I'm amazed how really committing to this training has made me feel so strong and VITAL. It feels great.
Good luck!

Anna@Exasperation said...

NOT Chase. As usual:)