Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What I don't want

You know when you have one of those headaches, where your whole body hurts, and it's kind of making you nauseas... don't you just really get the urge to drink a glass of liquid icy hot?

No? You don't?

Someone at Tylenol apparently does. Because that is EXACTLY what taking one of their "cool capsules" is like. It's like drinking liquid icy hot.

I had a horrible headache when I woke up Monday morning, and I was laying in bed listening to Emma and Mike play downstairs, and thought, DANG IT! I don't want to be miserable on this gorgeous holiday!! So I trudged over to the bathroom closet and whipped out the Tylenol, and threw back two capsules. And immediately regretted it. First I felt the cold on my tongue. Then it creeped down my throat and into my stomach. And it spread through my stomach. And then the burning started. If I was a little bit nauseas before, now I was full on puke-ready. I laid in bed, miserable, for another 20 minutes before the effects wore off. But was the headache gone? No. Not so much.

The headache plagued me all day. By bedtime, I was even more miserabler, so, with a COMPLETELY ABSENT MIND, I said, "hey, maybe I should take some Tylenol." And then I repeated the morning's process all over again. Stupid stupid stupid.

Pure misery. So, why did I buy these cool capsules in the first place? Purely on accident. What I THOUGHT I was buying was Tylenol Rapid Release, which I have found actually works REALLY well for me. And because of that mistaken identity, I bought one of those ENORMOUS bottles. And ya know what? I'm so cheap that I will probably use the entire bottle of cool capsules before I will break down and buy a bottle of the good stuff.

Bah.

7 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

Is it PMS time? I get those nothing-helps kinds of headaches at PMS time. By the time she was in her 50's Mom had full-on migraines that made her puke every month. I can see myself headed down that road and I'm not terribly happy about it. I'll definitely remember, though, to stick to Excedrin. Those cool caps sound gross! Buy a new bottle, El Cheapster...

Alyssa said...

No, it's when the humidity kicks in, in PA. Once I adjust to it, it won't affect me as much through the summer. Happens every year when the humidity first strikes. It just makes me feel like my head is in a vice. And it also gives me an afro.

Deb said...

I know what I'm getting you for Christmas. (clap, clap, clap!)

Sara K. said...

Deb - Excedrin or a Clapper? I'm confused.

Anna@Exasperation said...

A. I love that Sara is back on the blogging circuit. It makes me happy.

14. Deb, you should get her a clapper. How awesome are clappers? BETTER YET, you should give her a homemade voucher for FREE CLAPPER SERVICES! Basically your job would be to stand next to the light switch for a pre-determined period of time and whenever Lyll claps her hands you turn the light on (or off). It could work.

IV. Chrysta, I remember mom with those headaches and I may throw myself from a bridge if I start getting them. No one is whinier than me when it comes to slight-to-moderate discomfort, let alone actual PAIN.

Chapter 9: Lyll, I hear you on being cheap. And I hear you on the cool caps. Tried 'em. Didn't quite understand them. LOVE that you compared them to liquid Icy Hot. Don't worry about buying yourself a new bottle. Make Bird buy one for you in payment for every sandwich you ever made her.

Alyssa said...

Oh man, if I started charging Bird for past sandwiches made, Mike and I would be able to retire. Today.

Deb said...

A Clapper. HA! I'm writing that down so I don't forget. Someone is getting it. But not Lylla -- she's getting drugs.