Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tidings of great JOY

Ok, so my pity party is over. I know that last post was really whiny... what can I say? We are trying to get the house on the market by January (you know, that month that starts in about 8 days) and we just have so much to do before then. Finishing the basement, and fixing up parts of the garage and attic...oh and then there's the CLEANING, organizing and de-cluttering that will need to take place after all that work is done. So I was just having a stressful moment. I apologize for my whiny-ness. And yes, Sara and her crew did roll into town and make it all better, but I'm not going to talk about that because Anna is probably reading this and I don't want to make her cry.

So, anyway, like I said, pity party over. I am really thankful for so many things, and have more than my fair share of blessings in this life. I have blessings that others can only wish for, and the fact that I even have a roof over my head makes me far richer than many others in the world. I am thankful for my family, for my faith, and my home. I am thankful for the time that I have to spend with the people I love, and to do the things I love to do. I am thankful for my friends, who still like me even when I'm anti-social and barely ever see or talk them. I am thankful for my BEST friend and the way she's always there when I need her. I am thankful for this time of year, when I know that regardless of how many people actually are home for the holidays, mom and dad's house will always be rockin'. And I am thankful for the enormous spread that my mom will invariably put out. I am thankful for Egg Nog, and cookies, and fudge, and Sun Chips and Pop Rocks. I am thankful for Dr. Pepper and Wild Cherry Pepsi. I am thankful for Target, because where else would I go to get out of the house when it's so frigid outside? I am thankful for Mike, who puts up with my pissy moods and works his little tail off so I can be a SAHM. And for the fact that he sacrifices things that he wants, and even NEEDS, so he can spoil Emma and I rotten. I am thankful for Emma and the little miracle that she is. I am thankful for the 1,837,926,012 times a day that she makes me laugh, and for the way she can make an elephant noise better than me, and how she'll flap her wings like a chicken when I ask her what a chicken does.

And I am thankful for the snow storm we had this weekend, because it was the first time I got to take my daughter sledding!







3 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

SINCE WHEN are you putting your house on the market?!
Are you moving?
I need DETAILS!
And you're allowed to whine whenever you freakin' want! What is the UMC for if not to support one another in our whines.
However I am sad that the IA Kilgores are there and I am not also too. :( Don't even tell me anything funny that Deb says over the holiday. I don't want to know.
And if Sara wears a side pony, also don't tell me that. My heart probably can't take the strain. You know my condition is delicate.
But yeah for happy, heart warming posts. You are greatly blessed. Emma is a cute little sledding ROCKSTAR! And Mike just needs a suit of armor and a white horse to complete the picture...Life is good, huh?
love you. Have a good (but not TOO good) Christmas.
NO SHOPPING AT THE OUTLETS! NONE! I FORBID IT!

Christy said...

Um Moving???

Unknown said...

Um Moving? Glad I'm not the last one to know!!!