Friday, September 11, 2009

Lazy

So. I've been feeling rather lazy in regards to the blog lately. Mostly because everything else has been keeping me rather busy. But here a few items, and a few pictures to tide you over for now.

1. I was at Target yesterday, and was pushing Emma in her stroller. An older woman was walking past me in the opposite direction and said, "Oh, isn't she DARLING?!?" And I about wet myself with excitement, because strangers refer to her as a boy about 99% of the time. So that made me happy:)

2. Dear McDonalds: I hate you. Your Bacon, Egg and Cheese McGriddle will be the likely cause of my future obeastity. (Yes, I said Obeastity. I won't just be obese. I'll be Obeast.) And for that, you suck.

3. Emma took her first steps on Wednesday evening! She was standing next to the couch, but was just far away enough that she couldn't hold on to it. So, she took two steps to get close enough to grab onto it. A bit later, she did the same thing, this time taking 4 steps. We haven't been able to get her to do it again since then, but still.

4. Emma's got her 8th tooth!

5. Emma has also started to mellow out. She does a lot of cute things, like sitting with me on the couch. This might not seem like much to you, but before, she would NEVER sit with us. She just never wanted to be still. But now, she'll sit on my lap for sometimes 15 minutes at a time! I haven't had that kind of cuddle time since she was probably 2 months old! She's also developed this really cute habit. She loves her boppy, and she'll crawl over to the couch, stand up, and it pull it down onto the floor. Then, throughout the day, she'll just crawl over to it, cuddle up with it, and lay her head down and just chiiiiiiill. I love it.

6. The marathon is one month away! I'm a wee bit nervous, because my body has been all out of sorts this week. I think there are a lot of factors in play. I had a really, really crappy run last Saturday. I felt worse after that run, than I have after any run since I started training. I don't think it's a coincidence that Monday morning I started to develop a cold. I didn't think much of it then, but by Wednesday morning I was in full-blown misery mode, so I think that may have played a role in the overall miseryness of that run. That said, I am feeling pretty confident about my impending race. For now, I have one more REALLY long run, and then it's tapering from there. I am just going to try to keep my body healthy.

On another note, Mike and I will be making the trip to Scranton for the marathon on our own. Mom will be staying at our house with Emma. I'm looking forward to it, but also kind of petrified. I completely trust Mom with Emma, and Mike has been away from her for a week at a time. But I, on the other hand, haven't been away from her for more than 4 or 5 hours at a time. And I'm a little worried that I'm going to have some emotional breakdown being away from her. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for it now, but it still kind of freaks me out. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'll be able to get a REALLY good night of sleep before the race, and that it will be worth it, but it still feels weird that we'll be there without her. Meh.

Ok, here are some pictures...



Those would be Emma's teeth marks, because apparently she's part beaver.

This is where she greets us every time she wakes up!
She's discovered that if she climbs into the laundry basket, she'll get a ride:)
She has also taken to using her car seat as a recline, and uses it to lounge in the living room.
She's also way into drugs. Who needs toys when you can play with a bottle of tylenol??
Oh, poor Emma. This is her crashed out in her car seat after the blood-draw debacle.

She loves to stand at the door and watch people/cars go by.
See, she's cuddly now! She'll even cuddle with the wall! She literally laid like that for about 5 minutes, just snuggling that wall!
She's not a fan of the gate.


She peed on my leg. And then LAUGHED at me.
Oh boy, I'm in trouble!

8 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

"She peed on my leg! And then laughed at me!"
YESSSSSS! I love her so dang much.
You're going to rock your marathon. AND you're going to love having a little Mikey time, too! Emma will love having grandma wrapped around her finger. Life is grand, isn't it?

Christy said...

Lyss, you will rock the marathon...and you will overcome your anxiety about leaving here because you know: YOUR MOM IS FULLY CAPABLE....and better yet: knows your routine and knows Emma like a good Grandma should! Don't do what I did when we too made arrangements with your folks because of my anxiety of being away and COME BACK EARLY. I know it's hard to not think about her, but do it......enjoy your time with your husband...and focus on your huge milestone moment. You will be a mom for the REST of your life...take the 24-48 hours to be ALYSSA! Love you xo

Alyssa said...

See, I have absolutely NO ANXIETY about mom and/or Emma. I know THEY will be fine. It's ME. Even when I'm away from her for a couple hours, it feels like I haven't seen her for days, and I just start itching to get home. I don't know what it is, and I hope to over come it, and be able to focus...

Christy said...

I know it's you.....and I'm telling you to be YOU with MIKE...and be MOM when you're back from your awesome weekend away! :-)

dbsetter14 said...

By the way...my nephew is also part beaver, and my sister had to make these crib covers (well she could have bought them but decided to save money and make them herself). Here is the link to her blog if you want to see how she made them!
http://teamabcc.blogspot.com/2009_06_01_archive.html?zx=abbc8c01d28c0c7c

dbsetter14 said...

And good luck with the race...just think how proud Emma will be when you can tell her the story about her mommy running a marathon! That should make your anxiety subside a little!

Sara K. said...

"blood draw debacle?" That makes my heart hurt. She's so cute. You are gonna rock the 26.2. I'm sure your body will give you plenty of things to think about besides Miss Emma. Love her sock monkey guy. I saw a sock monkey Halloween costume the other day and thought of you, but I don't know if it came in your size.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I laughed my butt off when you ranted about McDonalds. You are so hilarious.