Tuesday, September 9, 2008

1. I am 30 weeks pregnant. Wahoo!


2. I've recently discovered peppermint patty klondike bars, and they rock. They so, totally rock.

3. My contribution to the political discussion of late: During the primaries I had the following discussion with my 9th grade students:

Me: So, what happened to Eight Belles is a little bit ironic. Hilary Clinton compared herself to Eight Belles, saying she may be an underdog, but she's a fighter, etc. etc. And now Eight Belles had to be put down, just as Hilary lost some very key primaries...
random kid I didn't know was paying attention: Yeah. Isn't it also ironic that Big Brown won?
Me: Yes. Yes it is.

4. I've recently discovered that pants, and the wearing of them, are overrated. Highly overrated. Also, I've discovered that XXL t-shirts are comfortable. Highly comfortable.

5. There are groundhogs who live under my deck. We tried to poison them. It didn't work. My husband is currently contemplating whether anyone would report him if he broke out his .22 to "take care of the problem". I think they're kind of cute. But not as cute as Arnold.

6. Listing things with numbers appears to be the new trend. As you can see, I'm trendy.

7. I've encountered some more funny names at work. George Michael. Issel Immel. Sunshine O'Callahan. And many, many more that I can't remember right now. I will have to start writing them down.

8. I've become obsessed with my favorite movie quotes since Sara posted that blog... some that continuously run through my head:
"T-t-t-today, Jr.!"
"If peeing your pants is cool, you can call me Miles Davis!"
"HEY YOU GU-UYS!"
"Ow man, that really hurt! I mean honestly, who throws a shoe!?"
"Your mom goes to college!"
"Do you think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys?"
"There's no crying in baseball!"
"Excuse me! You are BITING my BUTT!"
"The greater good? I am the GREATEST good you will EVER have!" (they way Chrysta says it)
"Oh my gosh! Nemo's schwimming out to schea!"
"Just keep swimming, just swimming..."
"INCONCEIVABLE!" "I don't think that word means what you think it means."
"Again, something that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!"
"Every party has a pooper, that's why we invited you, George Banks!"
"It is une 'amboooogarrrrrrre" (the way Taylor says it).

9. I went to State College this weekend with Mike, Rick, and Bird, and out of all the stuff we did, this is the only picture I took.

It's the very aggressive squirrel, who was eating the piece of pita I threw at it. My bad.

10. Bird and I watched PSU Women's volleyball whoop up on a bunch of teams, while Mike and his dad went to the football game.

11. Bird and I made lots of random threats to the Oregon State fans we saw on campus and in Rec Hall. Those Dam Beavers.

12. I'm good at speedwalking. I can really get my hips going. And my arms just pump like the wind.

13. I iron my jeans.

14. I heard that Sarah Palin hunted down a moose and killed it. How would she like it if a moose hunted her down at her house and killed her with it's big antlers? I don't think she'd like it very much at all.

15. I am slightly obsessive compulsive when it comes to doing dishes and sweeping. It must be done.

16. I refuse to walk into the kitchen in my barefeet, because Mike and his dad pounce on every opportunity (or opportune nortey) to make the "barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" joke. Mike gets a beating when he adds, "now make me a pie".

17. I've recently started blog-stalking Nicole, after hearing Bird talk about how hilarious she is. Amen, sista-friend-sista.

18. Deb will always be a hero of mine. Not in small-part because she can walk for hours and hours on end with nothing but an ipod and vocal chords to entertain her. That lasts me about 20 minutes, then I get so bored I could cry.

19. Chrysta finally removed the blog post with her workout tape question, like a week after she said it would self-destruct.

20. I miss teaching, sometimes.

21. I miss my Palmyra friends, but they tell me that some of my former students have agreed to babysit for me if I pay them in hot chocolate. Booyah. Muggy Monday makes a comeback!

22. I've come to understand the meaning of "stress incontinence". Not cool. Not cool at all. I fear the sneeze.

23. I've been reading about what will happen to my body after the baby is born. WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!

24. Mom and Dad are heading up Maine way, soon. I hope Sarah Palin doesn't accidentally shoot them while she's looking for Meese.

25. I'm done with this list, now.

9 comments:

Sara K. said...

1. Your butt is not big enough for being 30 weeks preggers, eat more klondike bars already.

2. TayMayMay was born at 30 weeks.

3. Glad the baby clothes will be of use. They were actually intended for baby Ty (4 years ago) when Christy was pregnant and didn't know if he was a she or not.

4. I went to Taylor's show choir parent meeting tonight (yes, she made it) and had to sign a financial contract.

5. I've been blogstalking Nicole since before it was cool to like Obama, maybe even since before she shook his hand?

6. I say we all meet up for a GNO, as Chrysta suggested. My theory is, though, that Deb and Nicole will love each other so much that they will not only throw Chrysta under the bus, but all of us.

7. I have to go to bed so I can get up to swim.

Good night, Mary Ellen. Good night, Jim Bob. Good night, John-Boy. Good night, Arnold.

Deb said...

1. Wahoo, indeed.

3. Sooo... if Hillary is Eight Belles, and Barack is Big Brown, and Sarah is Bullwinkle, who is John?

5. I have some bunnies I'd like Mike to meet. And, thumbs up or thumbs down on giving me Arnold?

7. My dentist was Dr. Sugar, my doctor was Dr. Weiner (long e), and my second grade teacher was Lolly Dick (tee hee). Top that.

9. I think I figured out your groundhog problem.

13. You are weird.

15. You are weird and delusional, and possibly smoking crack.

17. Ditto.

18. Awww, shucks. Seriously though, you're close enough to come to one of my concerts. Bring your low rider and a lighter.

23. It's all true. And worse.

Deb said...

Sara: And lose our audience? I think not.

Chrystapooh said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE A GOOD BLOG FRENZY!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!!

Christy said...

You look fantabulous!

Anna@Exasperation said...

Easily the most amazing maternity dress ever. But seriously, it's COMFY, right?!?! It's like wearing SWEATS! To Church!
Now I have to write a numbered blog. Crap.

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

I heart all my new blog stalkers and feel unbelievable pressure to be funny now. You guys have set the bar awfully high in your own posts!

The problem is that when I am PMS-ing I get all ranty, and that's SO not funny.

Unless you think poor Chrysta showing up on my front porch to merely drop my kid off and then having to stay there long enough to watch me --

1. Go from mega witch to snotting all over myself in 3.5 seconds,
2. Swear about people we go to church with, and
3. Demand validation for my opinions (while still snotting all over myself)

-- is funny.

Well, actually, now that I read it.....WAHOOOO!!!

(And yes, the deleted comment was me signed in as Boone again but I just cut and pasted this in as me -- someday I won't be such a comment retard.)

Nicole said...

P.P.S. I so totally got in on the numbered blog comment thing -- and I don't care that I am pretty much the last one to do it.