Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lumps and Bumps

Well hi there!

Just wanted to update you all on what's going on in my neck of the woods lately!

First, I don't know if I mentioned I was released from my calling at church?? Well, I was. I was the second counselor in the YW, and now I have been to serve as assistant to the Achievement Day/Activity Day Girls. There's a lot less of a time requirement (about an hour to an hour and a half every other Tuesday night...) but let me tell you, the girls are INSANELY HYPER!! These are 8-11 year old girls, there are a ton of them, and they are just bounce-off-the-walls crazy. So, we'll see how this goes...

In other news, Bird was home for a visit last weekend! Woot! She came home especially to pick up the brand new massage table she ordered from California!! AND-she brought it to my house, and I got to be the first client she massaged on her brand new table! Woot Woot! Her table is pretty cool...she got one that has adjustable legs so that she can lower it for her height. It also had a face rest, with an arm sling. It's pretty amazing-o. So she set it up and gave me about an hour and a half massage!! It was also amazing-o. You should all consider flying Bird out to where ever it is that you live, because the massage is totally worth it. She good at what she do. Fo' sho'.



On that note, let me explain "lumps" to you. I'm lumpy. Bird said she found it very apparent that I carry my stress in my neck and shoulders, because she had to spend probably a good half hour of that massage working out all the ridiculous lumps I had in my traps. It was weird because she would squeeze my shoulders, and I could FEEL the lumps. Weird. But cool. And it feels oh-so-much-better now.

On to the bumps. Some days I look more pregnant than others. Lately, I've been looking more on the pregnant side. I think it's a combination of being 16, almost 17 weeks pregnant, and being bloated and all that other good stuff that comes with the territory. I look WAY different than I did at my last appointment four weeks ago. BUT-at my appointment today I found out I haven't put on a single pound in the last four weeks. In fact, I lost two pounds. It must have just all shifted around, because I've definitely got a solid bump going on. These first two pictures are of me two weeks ago, when you could barely notice the bump, and Mike actually had to zoom in on the stomach to show that there was something there. The third picture is of me yesterday. I was getting dressed and put on an undershirt that I wear under polos and things like that, and noticed how tight it was around my belly...So I captured it. I look horrendous in the picture, and it just makes me look chubby everywhere. I figured that a lot of you out there will really, really like that. Enjoy:)








5 comments:

Deb said...

Your bump rocks! It may be the best bump ever.

Drats that I missed Bird's house call. Maybe we can split the cost of gas and bring her in, like, a lot.

Sara K. said...

Deb, Bird NEEDS to be part of your 3-Day support crew.

Alyssa congratulations on your bump. I would most definitely call it a bumpette at this point. I'm sure you'll look better at 38 weeks than I look now.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Love your bump. Very cute bump!
Sorry you have lumps. I think it's a genetic tendency. I had a massage a couple weeks ago and the guy grabbed my left shoulder and said, "Um, I could spend the next thirty minutes right here..." Motherhood is only going to make you lumpier. In SO many ways:)
Bird, when is your next scheduled trip to Dallas? I need me a lumpectomy.

lauren said...

I think you are pushing your stomach out. When I see you I never see a bump - as for the lumps - I am going to be looking close!!

Anna@Exasperation said...

So when is the big ultrasound?! You're getting close girly! I bet your bump is rockin' even more now. 11 days is a lot of bump-growing days at this point. More pics please!
p.s. I re-read the part about not gaining weight. I'm in the same boat. I lose weight for about the first five months and then PILE it on for the last four. I gain the same 30 pounds every time regardless of diet and exercise, though. Weird, huh?