Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Farewell, Summer

Well, summer is about to be over. This is my LAST DAY of laziness. I have inservice the rest of this week, and then the kids come back to school the day after Labor Day. I've already got some fun and exciting things planned for my classes, so hopefully I won't end up with a bunch of jerkwadfaces like I did last year. Teaching is so much better when you can actually TEACH, instead of babysit. And hopefully, by the end of this year, I'll have tenure, which is nice. I also start my grad class this week. I already bought all 17 of my books for this ONE class that I'm taking. Gag me, right? Sooooo it's really over. It's gone. It's done. *Sob*

3 comments:

Chrystapooh said...

Hmmm... I thought your last day of laziness was the day before you found the mold... Once some time has passed and you've gained a little perspective on it, you should blog a bit about that little episode. Hope things are going better and all dried out.
Love you,
Chrysta

Anna@Exasperation said...

Yes, I agree, you didn't sound very lazy whilst in the middle of the mold drama. Hopefully that sore spot is starting to heal.
And here's to a new school year with students who keep themselves completely covered all year long! Hoo-sah!

Alyssa said...

Well yes, the laziness ended with the mold, but I'm still trying to block that trauma out of my mind. We've got it as cleaned up as we'll get it for now, at least until after the spring, once we know for sure that we've got every single leak fixed. So the mold is cleaned up, all the material is out of the house... So I granted myself lazy days on Monday and Tuesday this week!